• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rabies

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Texas
    Now we're into people with special training and K9s. I have cats. Lots of special training though. Just not in flashlight gunnery. What do you suppose is the ratio of people with flashlights on their guns to people with special training on how to use flashlights on their guns? Probably about the same ratio of a weed-whacker fuel mixture.

Not to give props to scum bag criminals but, there's a notable number who have gunned down cops. And even Marines. And even cops who are Marines. It happens. Effectively using a gun is not that hard. Effectively using a gun with a flashlight, a little harder.

I like that first video Sig-Fiend posted. It agrees with me for a bit. It's not the only one. Yeah, I got the internet. I've read up some on flashlight gunnery before. I read up on ninjas too. You don't have to worry about me ninjin you though. You don't have to worry about me shooting you in your flashlight either. I was J/K.

In that video, the guys talks about the enemy following the light back to you. He also shows how to use a flashlight in your hand that's not holding a gun. I'm in that camp. You want to be able to use that light to see and to make your enemy wonder where you really are. It's nice to be able to distance yourself from the flashlight and not the gun too. Maybe you want to shine a light on a small area to see if there's some broken glass there you might step on or an obstacle you might trip over. I'd like to do that with out pointing my gun there too.
    Hurley's Gold

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Because of the layout of my house, I leave a floursant floor lamp on 24/7. It provides more than enough light for me to defend the whole house. Living room, kitchen, hallway, bedrooms bathroom all receive enough light for me to ID someone, as long as doors are open. A yappy dog helps too.

gandalf23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Ft. Worth
    If you don't have one of the newer semi-autos with a rail you can still add a flashlight or weaponlight to your semi-auto pretty easily. Mount a piece of scope rail to the base of your magazine, and attach the light there. Glock has a dedicated mag base that gave me the idea. Pistol flashlight mounts has some pictures I took of the mag I modified for my BHP, but I've done it on 1911 mags, and Sig P220 mags and Beretta 96 mags, too. I used inexpensive Remington 700 scope mounts bases from Wallyworld (think a pair was under $10), two bolts/nuts, and a little bit of epoxy. Yeah, if I have to change mags there goes the light, but I can always hold it in my off hand then, and really, I better not be in a position to be shooting that much out of a pistol at night in or around my house. And if I am, I better have made my way back to the shotgun with and even bigger ass light on it anyway :)

(edited to fix spelling)

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    gandalf, what do you need a gun for? you're a 9th level caster. jsut fireball those assholes!

chopper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    east tx
    I always carry a small light usually a streamlight or a surefire. It is a tool and a very effective one. I dont use the weapon mounted lights.

LonghornAR15

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Austin
    I have a glock 19in my nightstand with a surefire x300 (best valentine's day gift ever) mounted on it. I have a relatively small house, with kind of a shotgun-house layout, and when I have that light turned on at night the entire house is lit up like daylight. The high power led lights like these put out a lot more light than I think the OP realizes. And yes, if you are so much as looking in the direction of that light in an otherwise dark room you won't be able to see squat.

I too was skeptical of the gun mounted lights until I read a little bit and actually got one. Not to be redundant but that sucker is BRIGHT.

AnArmyofRon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Granbury
    Maybe I'm late and a little bit drinky, but if I need light to illuminate my target at a quick push of a button I'll be okay. Running around with a flashlight in my tacticool will get me identified. I go to bed a lot of times under the infuence of alcohol. I don't wan't to shoot at the shadow of a skunk or other vermin for a break in. Use what you need for the situation. Stick to tactical situautions, which we all pray we don't have to. Protect what you have and use whatever you're comfortable with. The zombies are not coming. It is the situations for which we all prepare that keep us prepared. Limited time with the appropriate home defense is what keeps us safe. Light or no lights, what goes bump in the night puts us all on alert.

Jeff-Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    I have a buddy that lives out by cedar creek lake. He has a huge seperate garage with lots of nice toys, a bar, loud stereo etc. Fun place to hang and drink a few brews. He has had a couple attempted break-ins and decided to rig strobe lights and plays metallica ride the lightning at full blast. I thought that was silly at first until I tested it. The subwoofer bass was soo loud it would cross your eyes. This guy also specializes in halloween props.

Top Bottom