• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Okay. So someone walks up to me with a shovel in their hands I can shoot them? No - there has to be a reason that I would consider that a hostile act - which in my example was his being a trespasser having been ordered to leave. But we're in a mood to argue - and I'm not. So, whatever.
    Guns International

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Okay. So someone walks up to me with a shovel in their hands I can shoot them? No - there has to be a reason that I would consider that a hostile act - which in my example was his being a trespasser having been ordered to leave.
    Again, you would be employing deadly force to stop the shovel attack, not the trespassing.
    But we're in a mood to argue - and I'm not. So, whatever.
    This sentence make no sense.

TrooperKbC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    See...this is the kind of debate I didn't want to get into. LOL.

Huh? This has nothing to do with opinion, and it isn't debatable. In Texas there is no justification for the use of deadly force to stop trespassing.

It absolutely IS debatable. That's what lawyers and judges do for their living. That's like saying interpretation of the Bill of Rights isn't debatable. It's also the reason why attorneys seek precedents when arguing or debating a case. To you and many people it may seem clear and precise, but when compared to someone else's idea of their clear meaning, the two readings may differ. The best thing to do is know the opinions of the judges, attorneys, and public in the area of your residence, because their interpretation is what really could matter.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Shoot someone for trespassing and nothing more and it will end badly for you.

Add other elements and we are no longer talking about trespassing but assault or agg. assault and it wouldnt matter whether they were trespassing or not.

TrooperKbC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Can we quit beating a dead coyote and get back to the question of how to realisticly solve the problem? I agree with texascop2; beginning with closing the borders seems to be a logical first step, but how long should we wait for Uncle Sam to act responsably? When the government fails to protect its citizens by failing to enforce the laws to an acceptable extent, what can the citizens do? It seems as though we can all safely trespass onto border properties to detain the illegals. LOL. Sorry, too soon for humor? That's what got me in hot water in the first place. But seriously...any more ideas?

Partychief67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fannin County, Texas
    Careful with the rhetoric guys -

These postings WILL be retrieved from this forum and entered in as evidence against you in court by any competent liberal DA if you are ever involved in a shooting incident, creating doubt about your character (?) and what otherwise might be a clean shoot. It's trouble that you don't need. Best regards

Thanks Kingsnake. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Partychief67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fannin County, Texas
    I hope I don't step on any toes here, but yall ever heard of "Walk softly and carry a big stick"?

There ain't nothing that Frank Lautenberg and Carolyn McCarthy would like more than stumble into a web forum like this and excerpt a few choice quotes here and there, out of context, and publish them.

Remember: "Walk softly and carry a big stick"

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    An army of criminals is invading our country, and the government has failed in its Constitutional duty to protect us.
    Perfect summarization of the problem. Our first step to addressing the problem would be to let our representatives know about our dissatisfaction of their job performance and vote in new representatives if necessity. Supposedly we've already done that. What's our next action if the previous one is unsuccessful?

vietboy1st

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Boston,Mass
    Perfect summarization of the problem. Our first step to addressing the problem would be to let our representatives know about our dissatisfaction of their job performance and vote in new representatives if necessity. Supposedly we've already done that. What's our next action if the previous one is unsuccessful?
    yeah government patries are care about their seat in the white house and how much they get paid.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Glad you weren't hurt! But, I have learned that the best solution to keeping a car free from crime is to park it in the garage, not on the street. Cars are targets for thieves, drunkards, and trouble-makers when they are parked on the street... in any neighborhood.

It was only there for about 20mins i usually have it in the drive way but i had to move the wifes car from behind it to where it was parked. Then went inside to talk to the wife.

Top Bottom