• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I have been thinking about all of the hobos hanging around the restaurants and gas stations that I frequent, you cant really escape them in Waco. I am thinking about OCing in those areas just to keep them from coming up to me and asking for money.

Also would you let a cop randomly ask you for a CHL if you are minding your own business?

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    IDK about that. I don't have issues with the homeless bothering me for $$. I guess it's just how I carry myself. I don't need a pistol hanging off my hip to let them know I am not to be screwed with.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    The right look and they just don't approach me. I think the bastards just know who they can try to con.

That said, I guess OC would be a deterrent to them.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    One came up to my car last night at a drive thru and knocked on my passenger window (my girlfriend was sitting there). I told him to back the **** off. I wont be rolling down my window for some thug ass homeless bastard, especially with my GF in the car.

I would much rather donate money to the NRA or the wounded warrior fund. Much more worthy causes than the asshole that bothers you every time you go to the Valero.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I want you to be perfectly clear about the Cop's and Licensed Open Carry. Anything that requires a license, is pretty much going to get you a conversation with the cops now and then. It doesnt have to be a problem though. If a cop want to ask you then simply help the man do his job by showing it to him. It doesnt have to be a negative issue. Now if the cop want to draw his weapon on you and make you get on the ground so he can check you for your I.D., then shame on him. " I already have this issue under control for the LSCDL members".
    I would also like to explain the dirtbag issue a little bit.
    A long time ago I lived in Phoenix Arizona. I think I was about 19 or so. " Man that town had trash hangin out in fornt of every store it seemed". I really didnt have a lot to do with guns back then, but I still liked them. When a POS at a store asked me for money back then, I would tell em to GTF out of here or im breaking them in half. If they didnt stop bothering me, I would beat their ass!
    One night I was running the bar's and stoped and a station to fill my SS truck up. Some POS was hanging out in the door of the store bothering people for money. Acted like he was on dope or something. When I went in to pay, I told him if he was there when I came back out I was kicking his ass. When I started to leave the store, some dude was walking up with two revolvers on his hips. The POS walked around to the back of the store as soon as he saw the man. I started laughing and the man asked what was so funny. I said the POS was willing to get his ass kick, but didnt want anything to do with a man who has two guns.
    I talked to the man a little while and that when I became fond of 45 long colts. " Thats what he had and they were very nice".
    He told me he had to carry one on each hip to keep form getting arrested. For a while, the libtard police in Arizona was arresting people for unlawfully concealed carry if their"open carry" gun was on the opposite side away from the cop. " The cops claimed they cant see it, so it's concealed". That's why people started carrying two guns.
    Arizona doesnt have those kind of issues with the cops anymore because the AzCDL got all that BS resolved. No such thing as unlawfully carring a gun anymore. What is unlawful is what you do with it, " as it should be".

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    This is one of my issues with open carry; "Look at me, I carry a gun and I'm a tough guy".

What makes you think a gun will bother them? You can't shoot a guy bothering you for money.

And what do you mean, "would you let a cop randomly ask you for a CHL if you are minding your own business?" How would you stop hiim from asking? And what are you going to do if he does? The law will still require you carry a license and display it when a peace officer asks you to ID yourself. Since ONLY licensed carry will be lawful, a Peace Officer will be allowed to ask for your license.

And I am calling MAJOR BULLSHIT on the "I kick the ass of people begging for money" stories. Complete BULLSHIT.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I once got corrected on here for saying OC was fine as long as the carrier was licensed in some manner like CHL, police check for background mainly in mind but
    I realize that the 2nd Amendment doesn't and never required a license. We have so many libtard, antigun nutcases running amok and running their faulty opinions in the libtard media that I am afraid that OC possible may not make the grade this time. But we can always hope....And the one concerning forbidding your own gun in your own car on some employer's parking lot....That needs passage in our Texas ! A nutcase that is going postoffice will regardless of company rules.

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    RE: Street People

There's a bunch of street people are carryin' camera phones now, so you best be real careful what you say & do. I had some filthy old toothless toad try to wash my windows over by Memorial City the other day. ( the truck was spotless ) I told her to BTFO twice and she kept coming. About the time I popped the door open to run her ass off, I see her OM standing up under the overpass recording me. Damned glad I didn't point anything at her other than my finger.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I agree with a few others here.
    If your intent for OC is to "scare off" the riffraff (as opposed to actual criminals), then I think you may have the wrong mindset for carrying in the first place.
    I'll probably get flamed for that, but in my opinion, all OC does for me, personally, is remove the fear that I might accidentally flash when reaching for my wallet or something. I still intend to carry concealed. I honestly don't care for most people to know I have a gun on me. I'm a big 2nd Amendment guy, so they probably already guess - but the only place I see myself habitually OC'ing is the same place I do now - on the range.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    This is one of my issues with open carry; "Look at me, I carry a gun and I'm a tough guy".

What makes you think a gun will bother them? You can't shoot a guy bothering you for money.

And what do you mean, "would you let a cop randomly ask you for a CHL if you are minding your own business?" How would you stop hiim from asking? And what are you going to do if he does? The law will still require you carry a license and display it when a peace officer asks you to ID yourself. Since ONLY licensed carry will be lawful, a Peace Officer will be allowed to ask for your license.

And I am calling MAJOR BULLSHIT on the "I kick the ass of people begging for money" stories. Complete BULLSHIT.
    See this people. This is the problem your going to have with open carry. Private property, we can abide by the owners wishes. In public, your going to run across people like this guy who runs his mouth and thinks he knows everything. Got new for ya Mr., I dont give a crap what your ass believes.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    I agree with a few others here.
    If your intent for OC is to "scare off" the riffraff (as opposed to actual criminals), then I think you may have the wrong mindset for carrying in the first place.
    I'll probably get flamed for that, but in my opinion, all OC does for me, personally, is remove the fear that I might accidentally flash when reaching for my wallet or something. I still intend to carry concealed. I honestly don't care for most people to know I have a gun on me. I'm a big 2nd Amendment guy, so they probably already guess - but the only place I see myself habitually OC'ing is the same place I do now - on the range.

Hey I agree with ya. If a person carry's a gun for self defense that's great. If open carry will help keep the trash from bothering you, even better. I see no reason to simply carry a gun just to scary. Might get yourself some unwanted attention.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Hey I agree with ya. If a person carry's a gun for self defense that's great. If open carry will help keep the trash from bothering you, even better. I see no reason to simply carry a gun just to scary. Might get yourself some unwanted attention.
    Exactly. Advertising is only good for businesses, IMO.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX

Why do you have to be such a debbie downer? Why do you insist your judgements of the attitudes of carriers are facts for everyone?

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    And beside the point of bumbs, if open carry deters people you dont want bother you and deters crime, then WTF is the matter?
    If a cop want to see your license, isnt he simply doing his job? Hell, just show it to him.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    See this people. This is the problem your going to have with open carry. Private property, we can abide by the owners wishes. In public, your going to run across people like this guy who runs his mouth and thinks he knows everything. Got new for ya Mr., I dont give a crap what your ass believes.

The fact remains if HB 2756 passes, carrying handguns will still be illegal in Texas. A Peace Officer observing someone carrying a handgun will have justification to stop that person and make sure he or she meets an exemption.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    What if the hobos are open carrying and then ask you for money?

doh.jpg

Top Bottom