• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If open carry was legal, how often would you do so?

• Always (80-100% of the time I carried)

Votes: 14 18.2%
    • Sometimes (30-80% of the time I carried)

Votes: 21 27.3%
    • Rarely (1-30% of the time I carried)

• Never (0%)

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    There is just no evidence of that. AND he was talking about being ALONE at an ATM at night. Criminals generally don't mug folks where there are 100 people around ANYWAY. Good Grief.

tugger.jpg
    Well lets just get your phone number up here so all of Texas can call you a ask for your advise. I really dont care if people carry open, concealed, or not at all. The only thing I care about is it being their decission to make.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Or instead of mugging you they decide to approach and just shoot you in the face.

How many times has this happened so far in all those open carry states?

... oh yeah... never.

There is just no evidence of that. AND he was talking about being ALONE at an ATM at night. Criminals generally don't mug folks where there are 100 people around ANYWAY. Good Grief.

Muggers don't typically walk up and shoot someone in the face, either.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Im not much for knifes either. And yes sir, I would probably open carry if it were legal. My knuckles aint in very good shape anymore.

Yep.....me too if legal. As many have said, probably not 100% of the time and would most likely still carry concealed as I do now but damn it would be great to have a choice.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Well lets just get your phone number up here so all of Texas can call you a ask for your advise. I really dont care if people carry open, concealed, or not at all. The only thing I care about is it being their decission to make.

Interesting how you left your comment about busting heads off the quote. That is to what the tugger is directed. And I have no idea what your inane comment means.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Interesting how you left your comment about busting heads off the quote. That is to what the tugger is directed. And I have no idea what your inane comment means.

Well I wasnt talkin to you about busting heads either was I.
    To elaborate, My preference for " busting heads" is simply based on me not having any desire to shoot someone. " Much less use a tazer".
    Unlike you, you never see me make the comment that I think everyone else should follow my methods. Simply because I have the ability to " kick ass", that doesnt mean I think everyone else should have the same ability. With any choice you will have hazards. That choice should only be made by the individual.
    The comment you quoted me on," but didnt answer" , was simply to show that I dont think anyone give a crap about your " evidence" of where crimes are commited and what methods criminals use. It also was in reference to my belief that only the individual can make the choice as to how they defend themselve.
    If someone decide to pull a criminals low lip over their head and make them swallow, im cool with that too.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    Well I wasnt talkin to you about busting heads either was I.
    To elaborate, My preference for " busting heads" is simply based on me not having any desire to shoot someone. " Much less use a tazer".
    Unlike you, you never see me make the comment that I think everyone else should follow my methods. Simply because I have the ability to " kick ass", that doesnt mean I think everyone else should have the same ability. With any choice you will have hazards. That choice should only be made by the individual.
    The comment you quoted me on," but didnt answer" , was simply to show that I dont think anyone give a crap about your " evidence" of where crimes are commited and what methods criminals use. It also was in reference to my belief that only the individual can make the choice as to how they defend themselve.
    If someone decide to pull a criminals low lip over their head and make them swallow, im cool with that too.

Hey Txinvest - You criticized Redneck about an inane comment, yet I am still waiting on some "proof" as to your allegation (an inane comment from you) the Texas Nationalist Movement is a domestic terrorist organization? Let's see, what other allegations have you made (inane comments) which you have gone silent on when I asked for proof? Give me a bit, I will remember. We should be careful to throw stones when we live in a glass house.

Redneck: you will soon learn Txinvest is good at "cut and paste" and making allegations he can't substantiate.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Hey Txinvest - You criticized Redneck about an inane comment, yet I am still waiting on some "proof" as to your allegation (an inane comment from you) the Texas Nationalist Movement is a domestic terrorist organization? Let's see, what other allegations have you made (inane comments) which you have gone silent on when I asked for proof? Give me a bit, I will remember. We should be careful to throw stones when we live in a glass house.

Redneck: you will soon learn Txinvest is good at "cut and paste" and making allegations he can't substantiate.
    I think he like's to criticize me more on the subject that he feels like im anti-cop or something. Well im not! I actually have friends who are cops. One of them became a friend of mine after he had to throw me in jail a few years ago on a assault warrant, .
    Simply because I see no need for people to depend on LE for their personal protection, some people think im a bad guy. Well, im right and I can proove it with Supreme court rulings.
    I have no reason to tell anyone what they should choose for personal protection. If someone ask me to help them choose, then hell yea i'll do all I can. Im all about individual choices. Whats good for me might not be good for someone else.
    Laws dont prevent crime, cops cant protect you. With that said, In Texas the " view to prevent crime" is being mismanaged.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Kindly post some references here in the US where someone open-carrying was shot by a criminal because they knew he was armed.

Im sure there are a few, none that I know of. Always is but lets not forget about the crime that ARMED PEOPLE deter.
    To be real honest, how can you measure deterred crime? If it never happened, how could we know?
    All of this falls back to individual choices. If people feel like arming themselve to prevent crime, they should be able to.
    If we will all think about it, LE is the biggest problem with open carry. So many news stories appear daily about people being harrased for open carrying. Never once have I seen one of these stories that could explain what "Crime" the person open carrying was committing.
    Everything we discuss is about rights. Rights that are infringed upon and violated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom