• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "That said & understood, there are rare but very serious potential complications related to all vaccines. A few every year are killed or crippled by "adverse reactions" to vaccines. These are caused by unpredictable adverse reactions dictated by individual immunities, and so far remain unpredictable despite our best efforts."

The above is total spin.

Many, many people have died or been injured after being injected with the so-called c-19 vax formulations.

But, hey, who cares about them?

Roll up your damn sleeve and take the gamble peasant or not...

I choose NOT along with a huge number of other people...who're not subjects...they're people known as CITIZENS!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    What is the anti-vaxx movement? Before COVID I know there were many that refused vaccinations, but I never heard of a movement per se. When you adopt the talking points of an opposition to people's freedom to think for themselves, it only vilifies that freedom.

It all comes down to trust. When it becomes the norm to silence people to only hearing one side of a narrative, how does that garner trust? Why are questions now dangerous? You can be banned from social platforms just for asking a question deemed wrong think. Trust is earned, not demanded.

This vaccination, if you can really call it a vaccination, was being pushed first as a shield to a disease, a cure, a way to stop transmission. Now it's said it will only make you less sick, and won't stop transmission. If the people pushing these 'vaccines' can't tell you what they do in the present, how can I trust what they say they'll do in the future?

The "Anti-Vaxx" movement is very large. They use true but mis-arranged "facts" to further misunderstandings and give really bad advice. It is big on the internet.

Vaccines are not "perfect" and we can't expect them to be. There is always a risk/benefit analysis to consider.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    "That said & understood, there are rare but very serious potential complications related to all vaccines. A few every year are killed or crippled by "adverse reactions" to vaccines. These are caused by unpredictable adverse reactions dictated by individual immunities, and so far remain unpredictable despite our best efforts."

The above is total spin.

Many, many people have died or been injured after being injected with the so-called c-19 vax formulations.

But, hey, who cares about them?

Roll up your damn sleeve and take the gamble peasant or not...

I choose NOT along with a huge number of other people...who're not subjects...they're people known as CITIZENS!

Well, I'm a retired Med School Prof and you're "Mowingmaniac". No "spin" above !

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    You're one to label people as Anti-Vax if they choose to not submit.

Your 'bias' is showing...

Do you support mandating people/citizens into 'having' to be injected?

Or, do you think it should be an individuals choice?

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    don't vaccines work?

If not in prevention of the China flu, vaccines and masks have been quite successful in the destruction of our freedom and right to make decisions without government interference

The government's "policies" and internet morons are the problem, not the vaccines themselves.

True, these particular vaccines are imperfect, have many problems; but consensus is that they are a lot better than nothing.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    You're one to label people as Anti-Vax if they choose to not submit.

Your 'bias' is showing...

Do you support mandating people/citizens into 'having' to be injected?

Or, do you think it should be an individuals choice?

Err, I never said anything about "mandating". Indeed, I feel that the "mandates" are improper, not scientifically-based, and are violations of Human rights and our own Constitution.

There are few areas in which I'd support a "mandate". But consider submarine crews, maximum-security prisons, astronauts, ICU Nurses, etc.

And, no, deciding to not get vaccinated is not "anti-Vaxx", that refers to a particular group of misguided folks who push others to not vaccinate their children against UCD's.

The anti-VAXXER's are very vocal, use defective reasoning, falsehoods, & gross exaggerations to state their "case", thus harming others.

Indeed, I have highly-educated Family members who choose to not get the COVID vaccinations. They prefer to remain relatively isolated and accept the risks.

Please read again what I said an don't try to put your "words into my mouth" !

leVieux

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    leV,

You're the one that previously posted: "

The "Anti-Vaxx" movement is very large."

But, now you spin away from that statement...ok.

And anothe beauty you posted:

"To wit: EVERY single infectious disease Physician expert I know of has taken the COVID vaccines and given them to their families."

Reminds me of the old: Just because all your friends are jumping off that bridge, you're going to also?

Because you and yours are getting 'the jab' is an insufficient argument to persuade me to follow your example.

You're letting your 'elitist' attitude slip out with 'I'm a physician and you're not.

Yeah, you're infallible...oh wait, you're not.

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Well, I'm a retired Med School Prof and you're "Mowingmaniac". No "spin" above !
    So....because you consider yourself better educated in your field we can't think for ourselves? We must do as we are told?
    Well let me ask you this.
    Were you born that educated? If not, who told you what you could or could not do or think until you got smart enough to tell the rest of us how we must live our lives without questioning you?

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Err, I never said anything about "mandating". Indeed, I feel that the "mandates" are improper, not scientifically-based, and are violations of Human rights and our own Constitution.

There are few areas in which I'd support a "mandate". But consider submarine crews, maximum-security prisons, astronauts, ICU Nurses, etc.

And, no, deciding to not get vaccinated is not "anti-Vaxx", that refers to a particular group of misguided folks who push others to not vaccinate their children against UCD's.

The anti-VAXXER's are very vocal, use defective reasoning, falsehoods, & gross exaggerations to state their "case", thus harming others.

Indeed, I have highly-educated Family members who choose to not get the COVID vaccinations. They prefer to remain relatively isolated and accept the risks.

leVieux
    It's all narrative these days. Certainly I've heard of people that called themselves anti-vaxx, but from what I had heard that was a decision for themselves and family, I never heard of them trying to push their beliefs on others to formulate a 'movement'. Sure, I guess a sect or religion may talk amongst themselves, but would that be considered a movement?

All I know is, I made what I believe is an informed decision not to get this vaccine, and the way it's been pushed has now also made me wary of other vaccines. I was fairly pro vaccine before 2020, but now I'm considered anti-vaxx. When that label is used to identify all that don't get a particular shot, how do we distinguish a movement from those who want freedom of choice?

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    The majority of us who don't trust this so-called c-19 'vax' aren't anti-vax.

I've gotten all the various vax's repeatedly as a civilian first, a soldier second and have since gotten an annual 'flu' shot and the occasional tetanus shot, pneumonia shot as required, etc.

Think I'd be doing that were I anti-vax?

No, of course not.

The people who reject the c-19 jab know the side effects can be lethal or dreadfully severe.

Yes, some tolerate it, but many, many do not.

It's a gamble many of us are simply not willing to take.

And, we peasants are revolting against mandates.

Elitists insist we must swallow the bad tasting medicine (get the jab gdammit) because it's for own good...my ass.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    leV,

You're the one that previously posted: "

The "Anti-Vaxx" movement is very large."

But, now you spin away from that statement...ok.

And anothe beauty you posted:

"To wit: EVERY single infectious disease Physician expert I know of has taken the COVID vaccines and given them to their families."

Reminds me of the old: Just because all your friends are jumping off that bridge, you're going to also?

Because you and yours are getting 'the jab' is an insufficient argument to persuade me to follow your example.

You're letting your 'elitist' attitude slip out with 'I'm a physician and you're not.

Yeah, you're infallible...oh wait, you're not.

None of that is correct.
    I don't get my technical medical information form internet posts, I use acknowledged experts at U.T. Med TMC-Houston, LSU Med, and our medical societies & state health departments.
    Since you can't read something and use simple logic, Adios !

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    The majority of us who don't trust this so-called c-19 'vax' aren't anti-vax.

I've gotten all the various vax's repeatedly as a civilian first, a soldier second and have since gotten an annual 'flu' shot and the occasional tetanus shot, pneumonia shot as required, etc.

Think I'd be doing that were I anti-vax?

No, of course not.

The people who reject the c-19 jab know the side effects can be lethal or dreadfully severe.

Yes, some tolerate it, but many, many do not.

It's a gamble many of us are simply not willing to take.

And, we peasants are revolting against mandates.

Elitists insist we must swallow the bad tasting medicine (get the jab gdammit) because it's for own good...my ass.
    Hey Mow,

My one friend lost his brother to the vaxx...got the jab.......dead on floor in 15mins.

Another friend nearly lost his Bride to the jab....all kinds of adverse effects??

Last month? The head Pfizer "big wheel" announced the Phizer Jab was little more than a "placebo" and folk would be better off with the placebo.

Currently have four members of my immediate Family affected by the CHINESE GERM WARFARE (make no mistake, this kovid krap is a BIOLOGICAL WEAPON unleashed on the Western World by the Communist Chinese).

Two of those affected are vaxxed. Two aren't....

If the so called "vaxx" actually works? How in Heaven's Name can those "vaxxed" still contract the CHINESE GERM WARFARE?

Am self quarantining at this time. Spent six hours in car with oldest brat, bringing him home from Virginia on Friday. He was in the ICU for two weeks due to the CHINESE GERM WARFARE.

Do not want to "share" the Chinese Germ Warfare with anyone, thank you.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    >
    Back to the original question: "don't vaccines work?"

Vaccines have saved and preserved more human lives and extended our life spans more than an other Medical Intervention. Antibiotics, heart surgeries, hormones, etc. combined don't equal the benefits that vaccines have given Humanity.

That said & understood, there are rare but very serious potential complications related to all vaccines. A few every year are killed or crippled by "adverse reactions" to vaccines. These are caused by unpredictable adverse reactions dictated by individual immunities, and so far remain unpredictable despite our best efforts.

One must look at this from a risk/benefit analysis standpoint. The benefits are so great, and the risks to any one individual are so small, that almost every REAL "expert" and virtually every Public Health Scientist feels the risk is well worth it.

With respect to current COVID vaccines, this is a relatively new illness and vaccine. We are still learning.

But, we already do know that many of the "adverse effects" have been fabrications, misunderstandings, or plain old propaganda.

The "Anti-VAXX" movement and community have ZERO credibility or respect among scientists who have spent their lives studying these things.

Unfortunately, many are naturally suspicious, and tend to accept anything which supports their suspicions indiscriminately.

Unfortunately, our internet is so filled with nonsense, lies, B-S, & propaganda that "internet searches" are fraught with almost impossible frustration. The alternative would be "internet censorship", which likely would likely wind-up run by our enemies and their politicians. So, as always, "Caveat Emptor".

Just know that internet searches in any area one is not schooled in, and very familiar with, are dangerous in terms of almost certainly giving readers a wrong impression.

To wit: EVERY single infectious disease Physician expert I know of has taken the COVID vaccines and given them to their families. Anyone who thinks he can do an "internet search" and gain knowledge those folks don't have after lifetimes of study is a fool.

Yes, medical experts can be wrong; but the odds historically certainly don't favor counting on it.

And, I recall how folks made fun of me for putting aircraft seat belts in my autos during the 1950's.

I have a piece on "Spotting Quacks", I'll look for it and re-post it.

leVieux
    My physicians have not taken the vaccine and do not recommend that I do.

There is a huge difference between the older life saving vaccines you discuss and the covid vaccine. The former went through full and extensive trials. They have been proven by time.

The covid vaccine (inoculation is more accurate), had its trials DRASTICALLY shortcut. From a 5-10 year process to mere months. And the vaccines (mRNA especially, but vector also) are unproven types of vaccines. The mRNA type vaccines had only reached the first stage of trials for a lone application. Thus there is a great deal of uncertainty. The vaccines are experimental, de facto. No one knows if there will be long side effects. They cannot because the vaccines have only been used in humans for such a short time.

Anyone who thinks "scientists" and "experts" are immune from peer pressure, seeking their five minutes in the limelight, falling prey to their narrative - well, that person is a fool. They are not infallible. Just look at how they ignored science/engineering (cheap masks can stop the virus, vaccine immunity is better than natural immunity) and how they are now admitting they lied.

Last edited:

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston

leVieux
    Are we talking about anti-vax in general, or anti-Covid vax? Those two groups are not the same. The statement above lends to a general anti-vax audience. Me, I’m not necessarily anti-vax. I’m just anti-Covid vax

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    And L's post is a perfect example of people accepting the "experts" while not performing their own common sense and critical thinking analsis.

Not everything on the internet is lore. Authentic scientific and medical research can be found online.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    My physicians have not taken the vaccine and do not recommend that I do.

There is a huge difference between the older life saving vaccines you discuss and the covid vaccine. The former went through full and extensive trials. They have been proven by time.

The covid vaccine (inoculation is more accurate), had its trials DRASTICALLY shortcut. From a 5-10 year process to mere months. And the vaccines (mRNA especially, but vector also) are unproven types of vaccines. The mRNA type vaccines had only reached the first stage of trials for a lone application. Thus there is a great deal of uncertainty. The vaccines are experimental, de facto. No one knows if there will be long side effects. They cannot because the vaccines have only been used in humans for such a short time.

Anyone who thinks "scientists" and "experts" are immune from peer pressure, seeking their five minutes in the limelight, falling prey to their narrative - well, that person is a fool. They are not infallible. Just look at how they ignored science/engineering (cheap masks can stop the virus, vaccine immunity is better than natural immunity) and how they are now admitting they lied.

Well, the "Anti-Vaxx" movement was around decades before "COVID". Actually we are not disagreeing. I never said anything about some of your above points. I have never supported forcing anyone to take anything. And, of course "experts" can be very wrong. Just consider our century of the "peptic ulcers caused by excess gastric acidity" boondoggles. Or the "reactive hypoglycemia" debacle of the mid-1970's.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Are we talking about anti-vax in general, or anti-Covid vax? Those two groups are not the same. The statement above lends to a general anti-vax audience. Me, I’m not necessarily anti-vax. I’m just anti-Covid vax

Well, the "Anti-Vaxx" movement was around decades before "COVID". Actually we are not disagreeing. I never said anything about some of your above points. I have never supported forcing anyone to take anything. And, of course "experts" can be very wrong. Just consider our century of the "peptic ulcers caused by excess gastric acidity" boondoggles. Or the "reactive hypoglycemia" debacle of the mid-1970's.
    @Grumps21 hit the nail on the head. Yes 'anti-vaxxers" were around long before the Covid 19 "pandemic" hit, but most of them were religious zealots or tin-foil crackpots who lived for whatever conspiracy theory was the latest craze.

And then there are some of us that "anti-Covid vaccine" because we know most of what we have been told is nothing but lies, and the lies change to suit the needs of those telling the lies. Pretty much everything we have been told about the "pandemic" and the CV-19 vaccine have been lies from the beginning.

Such as why would you vaccinate a group (Children under the age of 12 or so) that have the least chance of getting Covid unless it was purely politically or financially beneficial to a few who have the power to push an agenda?

Or what about healthy people that end up sick or dying after getting the vaccine?

Or pushing the narrative that vaccine immunity is better than building a natural immunity? I'm not a doctor and I know that's pure bullshit being shoveled to either a political agenda, or to make money off the vaccines.

I know of only three reason that a person uses a vaccine. 1) to prevent getting something, 2) to prevent being able to pass something to others, or 3) to cure something. So far the Covid 19 vaccines meet none of those three criteria. So why would anyone with any lick of common sense want to get the vaccine? Why are some so enthused in pushing for people to get vaccinated? Why are people being censored or silenced when they speak of such things such as questioning the reasons behind the agenda?

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I used to think I was smart and ridiculed “anti-vaxxers”. I had no idea what I was talking about, I just accepted the narrative.

Now that I have a kid…and I’ve seen what’s behind this covid vax…and I’ve actually opened my damned eyes and lifted a finger to do some research…

I had no idea how big of a rabbit hole these vaccines really are.

I had a handful of vaccines when I was a kid.
    They’re injecting our kids today with dozens.

And childhood/adult disorders that were once rare are now commonplace.

John F Kennedy Jr - a sitting senator - has done some scathing research and has written books. It’s eye-opening if even a fraction of what he asserts is true.

What was once conspiracy theory…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom