• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    If by-passing the NICS check is the main reason for getting a LTC then you are doing for the wrong reason. If it's for making a cop feel safer, that's the wrong reason too.

You get the license so you feel safer.

Now if you already have the license, keep it.

If CC passes I see no reason to get one. I carry so I am and my family are protected.

ETA: Is CC going to get done? I haven't heard since it went back to the House.
    I didn't get it to make the cop feel safer. At the time, I got it so I could legally conceal carry. What's the problem with having the cop feel safer or expediting the purchase of a transaction while buying a gun?
    Capitol Armory ad

Riksors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2019
    Georgetown
    We’re on board with the Constitutional Carry. There’s a good sense to walk around where everyone is equal. Freedom, “We the people...” and all.

Wife and I are keeping ours and will renew. My son and daughter will get theirs when they’re of age.

People with LTC are kept to a higher standard. For us, it’s a freedom of choice and a responsibility.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    We’re on board with the Constitutional Carry. There’s a good sense to walk around where everyone is equal. Freedom, “We the people...” and all.

Wife and I are keeping ours and will renew. My son and daughter will get theirs when they’re of age.

People with LTC are kept to a higher standard. For us, it’s a freedom of choice and a responsibility.
    Good posts. We're the same way here. I don't know if it's the weather, politics, family issues, or what, but it seems like there are some posters that can't wait to insult, demean, disagree, etc. just for the sake of being able to do it anonymously, etc.

Last edited:

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    If by-passing the NICS check is the main reason for getting a LTC then you are doing for the wrong reason. If it's for making a cop feel safer, that's the wrong reason too.

You get the license so you feel safer.

Now if you already have the license, keep it.

If CC passes I see no reason to get one. I carry so I am and my family are protected.

ETA: Is CC going to get done? I haven't heard since it went back to the House.
    Nvm I reread what you posted

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ...ETA: Is CC going to get done? I haven't heard since it went back to the House.
    I expect the House Homeland Security Committee will review on Thursday. If they find it acceptable, then it can skip Conference and make it’s way to hot wheels.

There’s time enough to get it through Conference, but barely so and I doubt hot wheels would make it a topic for a special session.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Don't see how any bill gets past the losers in the house. Now they are making some woman read an entire bill. She is good very fast bui n legalize it makes no sense.
    Now the idiots are giving her applause.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    I used to order a lot of items from the CMP a few years ago.

I remember that my CHL (at the time) was a major piece for me to be able to order from them. Having the CHL satisfied the marksmanship/other prerequisites that you need to even place an order.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I expect the House Homeland Security Committee will review on Thursday. If they find it acceptable, then it can skip Conference and make it’s way to hot wheels.

There’s time enough to get it through Conference, but barely so and I doubt hot wheels would make it a topic for a special session.
    I've done about all I can. I've spoken with some pleasant folks who work for our elected representatives. Pushed the buttons here and there.
    Time to pray and wait.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I've done about all I can. I've spoken with some pleasant folks who work for our elected representatives. Pushed the buttons here and there.
    Time to pray and wait.

I think a lot of us have and are in the same spot. I’m grateful for all the folks here who’ve put in the effort to get us where we are now.

The upside is Phelan put forth a CC bill back in 2015 and it didn’t get very far along, so I think he’s interested in gettin’ ‘er done.

If he gets this bill to hot wheels, I’m sending a check his way.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I will keep mine, but it will be interesting to see if there are any changes to the process of renewing.

And given my last renewal experience, I won't have to worry about it taking over six months to occur (arriving a week or so after it expired!).

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Living about 80 miles from the Sabine river, I gotta keep my LTC for Louisiana.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I got mine to be able to legally carry. But I will keep it regardless if “Constitutional Carry” passes or not for several other reasons. I have called and wrote a lot of elected officials over the last several months, and very few made any effort to get in contact with me. And even some of those that did, only bothered to send me a generic form letter gushing over how much they’ve done for me. I will be donating to, and campaigning, and voting for some new faces next year for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom