• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I'm an iron sight guy, anyone that reads my posts and knows what I shoot knows that but I have to get into the optic section sooner or later and well, it came later. I know EOTech and Aimpoint make some decent systems, but I just got this PS90 and currently have a crappy BSA red dot on there that I took off my AR-15 that soaked up dust for two years since the iron sights are less then desirable on the PS90. My question is, what do yall think is the best red dot or holo-dot for the money? I'm very impressed with the accuracy of this thing, but I want something a little more fine tune-able. Either dot system works as field of view isn't a big deal for me. Thanks in advance.
    Military Camp

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    I believe the Aimpoint pro is the best bang for the buck.

However, if you can afford it, I love the Aimpoint micro.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    The Pro does look nice but the Micro might be something I consider first. The EOtech also looks nice...hmm decisions decisions

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm an Aimpoint fan, if for no other reason than battery life. IMO the Aimpoint PRO is your best bang for the buck. Great battery life, durability and a 2 MOA dot.

One of the other big advantages most Aimpoint models have over the EOTech is that you can change installed height. You pretty much have just one height with an EOTech. About all you can do is make it taller by adding a riser. Can't make 'em shorter. But, for example, a wide 30mm low ring will give you a 1/3 cowitness on an AK that has an Ultimak on it. When I used an EOTech on a different rail, that rifle had a chin weld.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Thanks, I will look into that. If I think it sets to high, I will probably go that route. I like the built in ironsights on the rail though, even though they are crap, close quarters, they still still function fine.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Not sure what your budget is...for under $100 you can get a Bushnell that is great! Doesn't have the battery life of the Aimpoint but it also is a fraction of the price.

Carbohydrates

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    Dallas
    Aimpoints are great for their small size and light weight, and a tube-style red dot will have the lowest base and be able to mount lower than a holographic or micro red dot since the guts and projector can be placed around the tube instead of in the base. Their batteries go forever and they're industrious as hell.

Eotechs are bigger, heavier, and sit higher, but they have their advantages. The holographic projection means there's no such thing as parallax to worry about, and the 1MOA center dot lends itself to magnification better than an Aimpoint's 2 to 4 MOA dot, depending on model. Early Eotechs had issues with battery life and terminal connection, but the revision F models and beyond have significantly increased battery life (though still dramatically shorter than Aimpoint life) and the new XPS models fix the terminal issue by setting the batteries perpendicular to the barrel.

Honestly, it's hard to go wrong with either, but the Aimpoint's small size and increased mounting options make it uuuuuusually a better bet for weapons with higher rails. Not a knock against the Eotech; I liked mine, but they're just so much bigger.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I have a 4moa T1 Micro and CompM4 2 MOA dot from Aimpoint and love them both. Honestly, I can do everything with my T1 same as I can with my M4, but I do enjoy the slightly wider tube of the M4.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    Can you use your iron sights through the Aimpoint tube, IF the battery was to fail? I'm looking at the AP-PRO, I have the standard milspec front sight post and a MBUS in the rear on a flat top. I'd like to be able to pop up the rear sight and go old school iron if need be without having to take off the optic.

T-FAST

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I'd want to use a micro-red dot like the Burris fastfire, but a lot of guys have had problems with them not having enough elevation adjustment. With that being said, I'd do the xps eotech or aimpoint h1/t1

Top Bottom