• ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Isn't that that indoor range up on the north side of Austin? Cedar something? Went there once.

Correction: Shady Oaks range in Cedar Hill

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Alright, it is all in good fun to laugh at a tactical operator. I get that.

But really, the only way to test your equipment is to use it. How many of us own gear that hasn't seen the range?

Ok, my bad. Carry on.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    A quick story about that 'operator'. One night, we were thinking of different drills and contests and I mentioned hanging an empty 9mm ammo box insert...you know, the tray that has 50 spots for 50 rounds. "What if we shoot at those?", I asked. I was thinking of 2 or 3 hanging in place of a paper target, just to get some movement and a little destruction. ;) He fashioned a holder for it, strung it up on the traveler and set it at 3 yards.(Yep...only 3 yards). Out comes his Glock and he proceeds to put a round THROUGH ONE OF THE INDIVIDUAL SLOTS !!!...clean as a whistle...the bottom of the tray had been blown out and you couldn't tell the sides of the slot had been touched. :) I swear this is true. I figured it was time to go back to paper targets with my inconsistent self. :)

I did ask what the gear was for and he explained he was just adding weight/bulk for a bit of exercise while working...a la a weighted vest or ankle weights. He already had the beard :)

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    A quick story about that 'operator'. One night, we were thinking of different drills and contests and I mentioned hanging an empty 9mm ammo box insert...you know, the tray that has 50 spots for 50 rounds. "What if we shoot at those?", I asked. I was thinking of 2 or 3 hanging in place of a paper target, just to get some movement and a little destruction. ;) He fashioned a holder for it, strung it up on the traveler and set it at 3 yards.(Yep...only 3 yards). Out comes his Glock and he proceeds to put a round THROUGH ONE OF THE INDIVIDUAL SLOTS !!!...clean as a whistle...the bottom of the tray had been blown out and you couldn't tell the sides of the slot had been touched. :) I swear this is true. I figured it was time to go back to paper targets with my inconsistent self. :)

I did ask what the gear was for and he explained he was just adding weight/bulk for a bit of exercise while working...a la a weighted vest or ankle weights. He already had the beard :)

I like that range more every time i go there.

Top Bottom