• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I don't mean to sound condescending but aren't you heavily tatted and with gauged piercings? If so, like it or not, that can adversely affect your income/advances in a company. Not my rules, just the way it is.
    +1

Kids nowadays don't understand. They're brought up in this faux world where they can't be discriminated against. In the real world, you will limit yourself by the way you look. Tats, piercings, haircut, facial hair, and clothing all play a part in what job opportunities are made available to you. You can be the best for the job, but they'll pass you over without a second thought. I believe *some* have relaxed on the tats, depending on what they are and where they are. Best bet, don't have anything that can't be covered by a long sleeve dress shirt (ie no head or hand tats). Piercings are almost a no for men, but even for women, stick to the ears and nothing that's too obtuse (traditional earrings to the smallest gauge). Last, but not least, manners play a HUGE part in getting what you want. People nowadays cuss way too much and without even realizing it. It makes you appear less educated than you may really be.
    Hurley's Gold

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Just remember...

3bbda80a345a7e037a6fd610f5fe153c.jpg

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I don't mean to sound condescending but aren't you heavily tatted and with gauged piercings? If so, like it or not, that can adversely affect your income/advances in a company. Not my rules, just the way it is.

Nope that ain't me. Can't remember that guys screenname. He just had a kid and hasn't been on much lately. I do have my ears guaged very small admitedely, but not a single tat as of yet and I won't ever get sleeves. I do have a good sized beard alot of the time but about half my company has that. If they didn't like the way Iooked they wouldn't have offered to train me to do buyer walks (which I haven't been able to take them up on that because my schedule has been packed more than any of the other inspectors for 5 months straight). Like I said this company is rather stingy with giving raises or anything out to just about anyone.

Cogent Design

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Nope that ain't me. Can't remember that guys screenname. He just had a kid and hasn't been on much lately. I do have my ears guaged very small admitedely, but not a single tat as of yet and I won't ever get sleeves. I do have a good sized beard alot of the time but about half my company has that. If they didn't like the way Iooked they wouldn't have offered to train me to do buyer walks (which I haven't been able to take them up on that because my schedule has been packed more than any of the other inspectors for 5 months straight). Like I said this company is rather stingy with giving raises or anything out to just about anyone.

Nothing wrong with going job-shopping.

Most places in Midland will hire you if you have a pulse, there are certain exceptions for the walking dead, however.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Very few of the big companies have parties anymore. The big dogs don't give a crap about anybody working for them. MBA schools have taught them that employees are like light bulbs - one burns out, you just screw another into the spot. It's sad.

But I have to admit that some of the parties we had when I was young were pretty miserable affairs. You had to get dressed up just to go to a Holiday Inn or something and eat a buffet that you wouldn't offer to a homeless guy. (What is in that gravy that looks greenish-yellow?) Still, they did have an open bar in those days and we did put a pretty good dent in it. Other parts of the company had better parties, and when I transferred to another group we did have a much better time. The manager of that first place had the personality more suited to a funeral director than anything else.

Company employee parties run the gamut from downright disgusting to ripping good times. Over my decades of work and all the different companies I've worked for, that's been the case. Raytheon, up until around the mid 90s (I left them in 1999), had kick-ass killer parties ... or so I'm told. In 18 years with them, I only went to one. That one I took a very good friend who's boyfriend had recently slapped her around so I decided to try to cheer her up.

But, as the years go on, I believe you're right about the MBA types who don't give a flying rat's ass about employees, or so it seems anyway. Even at my last company, where technical experience was a necessity along with the ability to be able to pass a TS/SSBI to get a Top Secret clearance, they pulled some seriously devious shit....and they lost a lot of good people doing that. But they didn't care as long as those left could keep the systems uprange running and available for missions.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Company party - meh. We used to have a catered dinner with a band and spouses were invited. It got scaled back, but grew into a prize-fest. There isn't a day that goes by when I am thankful to work for a privately held company though. If our EBIT is good, so is our future.

Top Bottom