• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I was having that same conversation with my wife (who's born and raised in Mexico, and is in the process of getting citizenship the legal way) earlier. Of course it was mostly just me talking haha....but I said, "what people don't realize, is the fact that whether they are a good or nice person or not, if someone has zero respect for the laws in this country, that's an immediate reason they shouldn't be allowed to stay here...and once you cross the border illegally, you've already broken the law. The first thing you did in America was break the law".

On that note, I was pretty pissed when I heard about Ovomit granting amnesty to all these illegals. But after I thought about it, I think I'd be in favor for granting amnesty to illegals under the age of 21 who have demonstrated that they WILL be a productive, upstanding member of American society. Once that has been demonstrated, I don't see any reason not to allow someone like a 4.0 GPA all A's high school student, to obtain citizenship so that they can go to college. People like that...we need more of them, because this country is going down the shitter and many "Americans" are equally to blame, even more so in some cases, than illegal immigrants.

But just indiscriminantly granting amnesty to all illegals under a certain age, JUST BECAUSE....is not acceptable. Of course when it comes down to it, neither of those ideas would work in reality, and what it boils down to is are they legal, can they stay? Or are they illegal, must they go? I'd have to go with the latter, if forced to choose. But I can tell u this much...there are quite a few Americans I think should be deported, and would have no problem replacing them with upstanding foreigners. Roseanne Barr is one of them. And Rosie O' Donnell too.

But the main issue, is illegals getting more benefits and/or help from the government, than taxpaying Americans. That is bullshit and should have never become a reality to begin with. That needs to stop. If Americans can't get free health care and whatever else "free" illegals are getting, then I'll be damned if someone from another country gets it...ESPECIALLY if they broke the law just by coming here....it's a crock of shit. All these illegals standing on the corner down the street from my house....coming from nowhere, and going nowhere...seriously, it is not OUR responsibility to provide for them....

What I think needs to happen is a crackdown on illegal immigration, and tell Felipe Calderon (or whoever the next Mexican Prez is), that before they dare come into our country and tell us what rights we should and shouldn't have, to start worrying about their own people first. They could care less that people are desperately trying to cross the border, to "seek a better life". If you ask me it's the Mexican government that is to blame for nearly all of the problems in Mexico, so to put a burden on us because of Mexico's problems, is outrageous.
    Hurley's Gold

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Now, my views on this have changed drastically the past few years. But I'll try to address some things I found interesting, and I'd like to see where you guys stand after I make a few points.

But first, amnesty to students under 21 who maintain a 4.0 average doesn't necessarily mean they will be productive to society. I wonder how many people are on this board that did not do too hot in high school, but managed to be successful today.

Now on to the big thing. I have a huge problem with illegal immigrants coming across our borders to abuse our already broken system. It seems that many of you do too. Now, is it any worse than someone who is an American citizen that does the same thing? I don't think so, personally. If we had a major reform to our welfare system, maybe this wouldn't be such an issue - because then they wouldn't be receiving any benefits and would be here to work.

Maybe I'm wrong, who knows.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Simple solution for our finances:
    Move all taxes to a 100%consumption based model (ie no more property or income tax).

Then everyone pays, illegal or not, for the services they receive.

Also, government grants and scholarships for college - at least make them based on performance not race/income/anything else.

Security:
    Legalize lesser drugs like marijuana and press Mexico politically to allow firearm ownership. Pull troops away from less strategic countries and offer greater military support to Mexico to cleanup the cartels.

Productive society:
    Reform the citizenship path to allow a "fast track" for TBD productive occupations INCLUDING lower paying manual labor where it makes sense.

Require citizenship of one parent, not just birth in the US, to get automatic citizenship.

Bunch of things that would never happen, but would probably get better results.

makeitcount

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    fort worth
    In any other country, you have to be a citizen to get any kind of benefits. Even in Mexico, if you're there illegally, you're jailed period. You've got up to 3 years before you'll get to see a judge just for a plea. Choose a country that doesn't jail illegals - the US of A.
    The first thing to change is to make a law that states you must be a citizen to have any benefits or drivers license or federal/state ID, education or healthcare.
    Second, start moving towards a national sales tax to pay for more things reather than proerpty taxes.
    Does an american abusing the system any better than an illegal? yes, the american is a citizen. Does it make it right - no.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    but illegal is still illegal right if we do anything illegal we must suffer, right? impose on one impose on all right? dont that mean equal right. why should i pay for illegal
    when i can barely pay my way i have 2 daughters in my home plus a grandson no one is giving me free money.
    nor free education nor welfare so from me illegal is still illegal, they are robbing us pure and simple

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I detest the nanny state word, "hispanic", I love many things Mexican, the food, the friendliness of the majority, the language which I do fairly well, and a lot of the old time Ranchero Music. But I do not cringe when I hear an illegal border crosser referred to as a "Wetback", or "Mojado" in Spanish.

And I do not object to myself and others of my group being referred to as "Gringos". What is it we used to say ? "Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will not hurt me" !

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Gringo doesn't bother me.

On a side note, I get a massive craving for chips and salsa every time I heard Ranchero music. Just like Pavlov's dog. I have an animal drive to eat Mexican food somewhere in my lower brain stem...

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Now, my views on this have changed drastically the past few years. But I'll try to address some things I found interesting, and I'd like to see where you guys stand after I make a few points.

But first, amnesty to students under 21 who maintain a 4.0 average doesn't necessarily mean they will be productive to society. I wonder how many people are on this board that did not do too hot in high school, but managed to be successful today.

Now on to the big thing. I have a huge problem with illegal immigrants coming across our borders to abuse our already broken system. It seems that many of you do too. Now, is it any worse than someone who is an American citizen that does the same thing? I don't think so, personally. If we had a major reform to our welfare system, maybe this wouldn't be such an issue - because then they wouldn't be receiving any benefits and would be here to work.

Maybe I'm wrong, who knows.

Rusty, you are spot on.

The problem with liberals is that they swim in polluted waters and don't even know that the water is polluted. They are like fish who don't know they are wet until taken out of their environment. Hook On!

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    In any other country, you have to be a citizen to get any kind of benefits. Even in Mexico, if you're there illegally, you're jailed period. You've got up to 3 years before you'll get to see a judge just for a plea. Choose a country that doesn't jail illegals - the US of A.
    The first thing to change is to make a law that states you must be a citizen to have any benefits or drivers license or federal/state ID, education or healthcare.
    Second, start moving towards a national sales tax to pay for more things reather than proerpty taxes.
    Does an american abusing the system any better than an illegal? yes, the american is a citizen. Does it make it right - no.

I fail to see how simply being born across a border changes whether or not something is more acceptable when it comes to abusing welfare programs. Both(Natural born citizen & illegal immigrant) take and don't give back.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Lol, the internet doesn't always translate voice real well. I should've put in a smiley icon or something.

This is a very touchy subject, and there's no easy fix to it.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    This is a very touchy subject, and there's no easy fix to it.
    Sure there is.....Lock the borders down NOW, Let the "Illegals" here stay, STOP giving them FREE SH-T!! Most of them are honest folks and work just as hard as most here so let em pay there own way. But just letting them run amuck getting all kinds of freebies most tax paying LEGAL Americans WILL NEVER be given is LUDACRIS!! Lets just STOP paying for them.......

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I'd rather just just stop paying for everyone period. I don't think most people should get help from the government regardless of citizenship status.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I'd rather just just stop paying for everyone period. I don't think most people should get help from the government regardless of citizenship status.

Welfare should be a helping hand to get people back on their feet and not a life style or career choice.

I do understand that there are people who can't work due to illness or injury. I don't consider having 3 kids by 3 different fathers or substance abuse to be in this category.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Welfare should be a helping hand to get people back on their feet and not a life style or career choice.

I do understand that there are people who can't work due to illness or injury. I don't consider having 3 kids by 3 different fathers or substance abuse to be in this category.

Wellfare should not be up to the federal gov't though. It's not their job to dole out taxpayer money to whoever they see fit. IMO families, communities, and churches have that responsibility (and did for a long time). The federal gov'ts job is to maintain a standing army, and protect the borders. It fails at 50% of its responsibility, lol!

As for the whole illegal thing, I don't care if it gets to the point that they equate it to saying other derogatory words, I will call it as I see it. It's not slang, or intended to be ugly, it's a fact. They are illegal immigrants. They crossed our border illegally, therefore they are illegal. Perhaps we should start calling murderers "Premature Life Enders" because murder just sounds so mean.

Top Bottom