• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Won't be surprised if this wasn't a one-off mistake and ends up leading to a recall for a certain serial # range. Interested to see how they handle it either way.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Spoke with CS at Heritage (Taurus) a short while ago. Shipping label is in my Inbox. No hassles at all. Sending it back tomorrow.

I will be curious to see if they just replace it, or if they cut the barrel with some rifling. I am going to bet it will be the former.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I will be curious to see if they just replace it, or if they cut the barrel with some rifling. I am going to bet it will be the former

At this point it is probably not even possible to rifle that barrel. Usually keyholing is a sign of an overbore problem. It can also be a product of velocity vs grns wt vs twist rate, but in this case I bet that barrel is well out of spec. and beyond repair. Hope they take care of you and just give you a new gun.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Uh, the $99 revolver is. You have to pull the cylinder out to load all six at once (else it has a loading ramp for one-at-time loading action).

It has a flip up window to load it one round at a time.

They are really good shooters. I shot a critter from about 30 feet, dead between the eyes.

Good truck gun, that you don't have to worry about getting scratched up.

I bought one, then my wife insisted on one the next year.

Its a no-brainer for $99. Haven';t had any issues on our two.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    It has a flip up window to load it one round at a time.

They are really good shooters. I shot a critter from about 30 feet, dead between the eyes.

Good truck gun, that you don't have to worry about getting scratched up.

I bought one, then my wife insisted on one the next year.

Its a no-brainer for $99. Haven';t had any issues on our two.

That "flip-up window" you refer to is what I incorrectly termed the "loading ramp" in my original post, which you quoted, and should say "loading gate."

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    That "flip-up window" you refer to is what I incorrectly termed the "loading ramp" in my original post, which you quoted, and should say "loading gate."

Which, it bears mentioning, is how every single-action cartridge revolver is loaded unless it's a break-top or a BP conversion.

So, if Heritage ends up just replacing the gun, would the cylinders from the first one work with the replacement (assuming Kong keeps them, rather than send 'em in with the gun)? Or would they not fit/function without some tweaking? Can think of a few situations where having a spare LR or magnum cylinder would come in handy.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    So, if Heritage ends up just replacing the gun, would the cylinders from the first one work with the replacement (assuming Kong keeps them, rather than send 'em in with the gun)? Or would they not fit/function without some tweaking? Can think of a few situations where having a spare LR or magnum cylinder would come in handy.

It's my understanding that cylinders need to be properly timed(barrel alignment vs lockup) and end gapped. If the barrels all bottom out when set or pressed the same way, then any cylinder already timed for that frame should work but if it is a complete replacement, it is unlikely that the other guns cylinder will be safely interchangeable.

Top Bottom