• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    We had an ice storm and everybody was out with chain saws clearing off their property. I did a stupid and cut the $#!tt out of my little finger. I’m sitting in the ER feeling like an idiot when the doc comes in. I sheepishly suggest that I’m the biggest idiot he’s had to deal with today. He laughs and relates the following story.
    On the same day I was there, a man had come in with a chain saw injury. A tree had iced up and fallen on his driveway and he was attempting to cut it up and move it. He slipped on the ice and the chain saw, still running, landed on his thigh inflicting a serious injury.
    He asked the doctor if the injury was serious. The doctor answered by saying. “Do you see those white splinters at the bottom of this 5 inch deep cut and the splintered ends of your thigh bone?”

The guy answered, “ I’m sorry, I can’t see them. I’m blind.”

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    We had an ice storm and everybody was out with chain saws clearing off their property. I did a stupid and cut the $#!tt out of my little finger. I’m sitting in the ER feeling like an idiot when the doc comes in. I sheepishly suggest that I’m the biggest idiot he’s had to deal with today. He laughs and relates the following story.
    On the same day I was there, a man had come in with a chain saw injury. A tree had iced up and fallen on his driveway and he was attempting to cut it up and move it. He slipped on the ice and the chain saw, still running, landed on his thigh inflicting a serious injury.
    He asked the doctor if the injury was serious. The doctor answered by saying. “Do you see those white splinters at the bottom of this 5 inch deep cut and the splintered ends of your thigh bone?”

The guy answered, “ I’m sorry, I can’t see them. I’m blind.”
    I've cut a finger off, cut other finger, squashed finger, been ran over and need hospitalization, been through surgery's.
    Geez, I can't remember them all.

GaryS

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Hiding among the Hippos
    Pretty much. You also have to consider that snow blowers, like lawn mowers, have "dead man" switches. Which can be defeated with cheap plastic clamps as available at Harbor Freight.

I used to do my post winter maintenance in the spring and one of the things I'd do was start it up and lock the auger handle down. That way I could walk in front of the snow blower and look to see if the augers were turning properly. Not something I'd do when I was clearing snow.

That's like checking if my lawn mower blade is sharp while it is running. Geez...

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    Pretty much. You also have to consider that snow blowers, like lawn mowers, have "dead man" switches. Which can be defeated with cheap plastic clamps as available at Harbor Freight.

I used to do my post winter maintenance in the spring and one of the things I'd do was start it up and lock the auger handle down. That way I could walk in front of the snow blower and look to see if the augers were turning properly. Not something I'd do when I was clearing snow.
    I ain't ever had anything to do with a snow blower but I figure where the snow goes in I should keep fingers and toes away from it.

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    That's like checking if my lawn mower blade is sharp while it is running. Geez...
    I recall reading about a lawn mower manufacturer forced to add a warning telling the operator not to pick it up by the deck to use as a hedge trimmer because someone had done just that.

Top Bottom