• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bfm0072

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Georgetown
    Oh. Yeah noticed the surrender part too, fairly insulting considering they fought to the death. Now I'm curious about their take on the battle of San Jacinto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just recently visited the Alamo and watched the film on it there. There was a few who surrendered, and we're summarily executed by Santa Ana. I am in no way siding with the jack ass mayor of San Antonio. Just was surprised as I thought they all fought to the death.

jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    The part of the supposed surrender is from the unsubstantuated DeLa Pena diary. It never has been proven to be true. Some say it has as many as 3 different hand writing samples in it. I can't really bring myself to believe the stories of loosers.

With all due respect to all my very good hispanic friends, I believe the Mexican govt. asked Austin to bring colonists into Texas to settle it, as the large land owners in Mexico had abandoned most of it due to Indian raids and poor management. When those who came and settled with the local inhabitants chose to be free of the dictator in Mexico, they fought for what they thought was right and finally won. As to them beings drunks and so forth, SO WHAT? Were all the colonists who fought against the British in 1776 of sterling backgrounds - NO.

This woman has a dull ax to grind that is based on a personal lack of education in the facts and lacks any credibility with those who have studied the history of our great state. Her son fits right in with the company he is keeping. San Antonio and his mother should be proud. The rest of us real Texans, regardless of origin, aren't.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    It wasn't just Texas that rose against Santa Ana, either. It's just that Texas was the only Mexican state or territory that managed to beat him!

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Copy of e-mail I sent the Mayor two days ago:

Dear Mayor Castro:

You should have your ears pinned to your head and your face slapped for stating on tonight's CBS interview "that you grew up in a city where signs were posted saying "Dogs and Mexicans are not welcome."

I graduated high school in San Antonio in 1974.

Back then, as today, San Antonio was a Minority-Majority city.

I never saw such an offensive sign anywhere in San Antonio as you claimed were posted.

That must have been an urban myth drilled into your head by "La Raza Unida."

The name of that organization is in and of itself racist.

I don't know who paid for your Stanford and Harvard education.

In 2003, I learned of a promising San Antonio high school student, paid for his University application fee, supported him for 4 1/2 years, and today he is a Captain the U.S. Army Ranger Regiment, with four tours of combat duty under his belt.

He is a "San Antonio Mexican" in the U.S. Army who has not embraced the idea that he is entitled to "affirmative action" because he is "special."

He considers himself an an American first, who values duty, honor, country.

Welcome to reality.

I will never vote for a Democrat.

I will never vote for you.

You are the "Affirmative Action" poster boy.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Bienvenidos a Nuevo Baja Tejas!

This sort of liberal commie shit pisses me off to a nuclear degree. And the fact that we are ceding our language and history back to the Mexicans just adds to that. It would thrill me to no end to go to a store where at least half the people are speaking English.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    If it makes you guys feel any better, my grandparents are naturalized citizens. Came from Mexico and instilled a very strong sense of patriotism in all their kids and grand kids...
    They are cops, doctors, nurses, af academy graduates f-16, some are back in s America exporting democracy, special forces sniper, etc.
    Soo while there are a few kooks out there, some of us texicans are all right...

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Bienvenidos a Nuevo Baja Tejas!

This sort of liberal commie shit pisses me off to a nuclear degree. And the fact that we are ceding our language and history back to the Mexicans just adds to that. It would thrill me to no end to go to a store where at least half the people are speaking English.

If someone can also speak English when they need to then who cares? Speaking a different language with your buddies or family (or in a store) is a personal choice. Or don't you believe in freedom?

Ceding history? History belongs to everyone that lives in Texas - indians, mexicans, spaniards french, germans, settlers from the US, etc. Don't forget there's been 6 flags over Texas. Texas represents the best of what America should be. People who work their ass off and just want to be free to live their lives on their own terms.

Maybe I misinterpreted your post, but it came across pretty off the mark.

Top Bottom