• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Now I gotta go find that thread dangit. Searching for a thread on here is a sketchy task.

i just google 'texasguntalk.com' then what I'm looking for. TGT and snipershide are both a challenge for me to ever find what I'm looking for with their built in search bars.
    Lynx Defense

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I don't think you'll beat the field and streams reloading bullet selection anywhere outside the www.
    A solid freaking wall of projectiles. And some drool on the floor.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Nice review on the rifle. I gave a Howa 6.5 Creedmore to a friend's son as a graduation gift. That range sounds like a deal. Wish we had a local one like that.

rmantoo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Nice review on the rifle. I gave a Howa 6.5 Creedmore to a friend's son as a graduation gift. That range sounds like a deal. Wish we had a local one like that.

Thank you.

This place has absolutely spoiled me. It's very well laid out and continuously improving, it's inexpensive, and there are a TON of good people who are members. If we ever move away from here, I don't think I'm likely to come close to recreating this experience without spending a LOT of money.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Very good to hear your positive review of the Howa mini. I recently picked up a 6.5 Grendel mini action 20" barreled action from Brownells.
    I've been looking into stocks, debating between a Boyd's, or MDT chassis.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

rmantoo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Very good to hear your positive review of the Howa mini. I recently picked up a 6.5 Grendel mini action 20" barreled action from Brownells.
    I've been looking into stocks, debating between a Boyd's, or MDT chassis.

I really like the MDT. I've spent a little time behind several versions, in several actions and calibers. Very nice, imho.

Pricey, but as they say, buy once, cry when SWMBO finds out.

However, for general plinking/target/hunting fun, I'm very impressed with the Boyds. I think this one is the "Pro varmint." For the money (less than $200 if I've got the right stock) there's no way I'd drop $400 for the MDT UNLESS/MAYBE i was planning on competing with this particular rifle. Maybe.

Other reason would be if I just wanted the coolest looking rig possible- which I've been known to do...but on this one, for what I'm going to use it for, I think I'll stick with the Boyds.

Be sure to post a build thread and range report when you get 'er done... and drop a note here in this thread so I don't miss it, please. Very interested in your experience and results.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I have a mcree precision stock on my defiance/ lilja barreled 260. I've used that to compete, and really like it.

I would use the mini in the MDT as a lighter, probably less precision, more agile competition gun.

Things to consider......

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I have three rifles in an MDT Chassis Rugers in 6mm Creedmore, 6.5mm Creedmore and .308. I really like these chassis.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I really like the MDT. I've spent a little time behind several versions, in several actions and calibers. Very nice, imho.

Pricey, but as they say, buy once, cry when SWMBO finds out.

However, for general plinking/target/hunting fun, I'm very impressed with the Boyds. I think this one is the "Pro varmint." For the money (less than $200 if I've got the right stock) there's no way I'd drop $400 for the MDT UNLESS/MAYBE i was planning on competing with this particular rifle. Maybe.

Other reason would be if I just wanted the coolest looking rig possible- which I've been known to do...but on this one, for what I'm going to use it for, I think I'll stick with the Boyds.

Be sure to post a build thread and range report when you get 'er done... and drop a note here in this thread so I don't miss it, please. Very interested in your experience and results.
    I move slow. I just bought an MDT LSS chassis on black Friday discount.

40% off

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Finally got it pieced together.
    Vortex diamondback 4-12x scope
    Magpul MOE stock with 1/2 cheek riser.

I'll be finding out if she shoots next!