benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
First, check the schedule here:

Once you've decided what you want to see, go to either of the two links below.

To watch the shooting events, mostly in their entirety, go to:

livestream.com/issf

I'm not showing that as a clickable link because, depending on how you're set up, livestream.com can sometimes throw up content that you weren't looking for. However, when the shooting is happening, that link will show most events in real time and will also archive the event so you can watch it at your convenience.

If you're really only interested in the finals, go to:

Both the NBC link and the issf-sports link may provide some information about when the events will appear on broadcast TV. However, my experience is that those segments are so buried, often in the middle of the night, that they're not worth chasing. I'll Tivo them if I can and I always enjoy them but, frankly, they're really not worth the trouble. NBC will also mention medal winners during their regular daily summaries but that's a 2-second blurb that's not worth trying to find.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
Side note - The Olympic shooting events are the only ones where men and women have, in the past, competed against each other in the same events. For political reasons, the sexes were separated decades ago. No damn reason for it, though. The entire history of the ISU and ISSF has shown that in the rifle and pistol events currently contested at the Olympics, neither gender has any advantage.

If the PC crowd really wanted to create parity between the sexes they would, at least for the rifle and pistol events, demand there be no segregation.

Fat chance. :(

t-astragal

Mar 4, 2015
College Station
I just got back from competing in pistol at Camp Perry. Olympian Keith Sanderson showed up since he was removed from the US team. Kinda cool to shoot against that level of a athlete. He was railroaded evidently in a bogus “sexual harassment” claim. He swatted a male friend on the butt. You know, good job man, kind of thing. But that got a pair of brothers on the team. So that’s cool right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
I just got back from competing in pistol at Camp Perry. Olympian Keith Sanderson showed up
He got drunk, stood on the podium and sang obscene lyrics while the national anthem played, and poked the guy next to him on the podium in the butt at the same time.

Yeah...I can see how he got suspended. The only thing too hinky about his suspension was that he made an ass of himself back in 2018. The suspension should have been imposed and over with a long time ago, enabling him to go to Tokyo.

t-astragal

Mar 4, 2015
College Station
He got drunk, stood on the podium and sang obscene lyrics while the national anthem played, and poked the guy next to him on the podium in the butt at the same time.

Yeah...I can see how he got suspended. The only thing too hinky about his suspension was that he made an ass of himself back in 2018. The suspension should have been imposed and over with a long time ago, enabling him to go to Tokyo.

Well that’s an uglier picture than what I heard. Drunk? I can see it. There’s lots of drinking while not on the line. Errr or so I’ve heard, yeah I’ve heard that. lol.

Texas45

Well-Known
BANNED!!!
Dec 10, 2020
Not where you are
They will nationally broadcast stupid shiat like skatebording but IF you want to watch shooting sports its an exercise in link following no way that evil guns will make nationally televised portion.

F OFF Olympics.

I have more entertaining ways to be bored to death.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
...to watch shooting sports its an exercise in link following no way that evil guns will make nationally televised portion.
They always do, at least a little. In fact, every sport gets some televised coverage and they all wish they got more. I'm sure team handball feels they are slighted, too, even though that's a wonderful sport to watch.

There's no need to get all salty because your favorite sport isn't broadcast in a two-hour block, every night during primetime. Most people who watch the summer Games think that it's gymnastics, track and field, and one or two novelty sports. Broadcast TV doesn't really have the ability to show all the smaller stuff in depth and still successfully monetize their broadcasts.

IOW, thank God for the internet and the ability to chase links. Pre-internet, the broadcast coverage was even less and there was almost no place to go for video of an event unless you had access to the reference libraries maintained by governing bodies. I remember Games when I had to call the network and work my way through 20 idiots before I could find someone who could tell me that Rapid Fire Pistol would be broadcast at 2:47 AM...and then I had to stay up till 2:47 to watch the three minutes of coverage it got because VCRs were still so horribly expensive that I didn't have one yet.

If you want to watch Olympic shooting, it's easier than it's ever been. I find that a cause for celebration, not complaint.

If you don't want to watch, well, then...you do you. It's not up to me to voice a judgement.

Top Bottom