• Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Thank you mods!
    There is a little on youtube but just little snipits. Wish there was more, I don't have the cable log in.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The link below is for that 'peacock' thing I mentioned earlier. Is a free streaming thing. Downside, is setting up an account with NBC.

https://www.peacocktv.com/
    Texas SOT

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Hundreds of folks using firearms and no one was shot accidentally or on purpose? Wow, firearms safety, self-discipline, and common sense, seems to prevent shootings. Too bad the anti-gun people do not get it.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    just saw the skeet match with Amber English. Freaking awesome.
    If you get a chance, watch some trap. International Trap uses smaller, much tougher targets that are launched much, much faster than the U.S. version of trap. The last time I oversaw the construction of an International Trap field, the certifying official told me that the birds had to be able to travel 100 meters while rising no more than 1 meter off the deck.

I'm no shotgunner so I've always figured he was kidding me but I do know those birds were flying far faster than I'd ever seen before.

Anyone reading this who is familiar with International Trap, please feel free to fact-check me. I'd love to know what I've got right and wrong.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    If you have enough interest, sometime after the Olympics are over you can use the Livestream link in post #1 to view the events. At least I think that's where the ISSF archives the footage after the IOC embargo expires. If I learn more or can get that confirmed, I'll post about it in this thread.
    The link below is for that 'peacock' thing I mentioned earlier. Is a free streaming thing. Downside, is setting up an account with NBC.

https://www.peacocktv.com/
    Thanks guys

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm sitting in a Mexican restaurant watching the women's trap finals. Right now. On broadcast tv.

An hour later, I'm back at my hotel and the main NBC channel just covered the same event results. The sound is down so I can't be sure but I think The Most Serene Republic of San Marino just won their first medal, ever. That's cool.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The work on my A/C is finished and I'll be back home tomorrow. I hope to fully update this thread at that time. Since there's been quite a bit of pushback on the whole idea of seeking out coverage, I'll try to include as much embedded video as I can so that y'all can at least watch the finish of as many events as possible. Plus, scores. I really need to catch up on that.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Well, there were delays and problems and life got in the way but I'm back in front of my computer. Most of my plans to help folks stay updated on the Olympic shooting sports failed. However, I can start posting at least the finals.

If you don't care to watch anything else, the following YouTube segments show the finals of each event, in the order they were shot. Each vignette will provide a bit of insight into what the sport looks like. If that whets your appetite for more, I'll try over the next day or two to provide more.

ETA: I see the licensing stranglehold that the IOC imposes on all potential revenue streams is in place, forcing y'all to click a link and go to YouTube to see the video. I regret the inconvenience.

ETA2: I obviously don't understand the licensing. The events were viewable via embedded YT links. Then they weren't. As of 10:14pm on Tuesday, August 3, they're again viewable as embedded videos.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Women's 10m Air Rifle

The first medal awarded at the Tokyo Olympics. Here's the final shootoff and results.

1CHN
    YANG Qian
    2ROC
    GALASHINA Anastasiia
    3SUI
    CHRISTEN Nina

Screenshot from 2021-08-01 13-42-02.png

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    10m Air Pistol Mixed Team

This is a new event, designed to even out the number of medals given to men and women. Needless to say, it was controversial.

Gold
    JIANG Ranxin
    PANG Wei
    China

Silver
    BATSARASHKINA Vitalina
    CHERNOUSOV Artem
    ROC

Bronze
    KOSTEVYCH Olena
    OMELCHUK Oleh
    Ukraine

Screenshot from 2021-08-01 14-19-35.png

NBC chose not to put the finals on YouTube. Using the instructions previously provided in this thread, you can view the entire finals via NBCOlympics.com.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    10m Air Rifle Mixed Team

Comments are the same as the previous post but NBC decided to put this one on YouTube.

Gold
    YANG Qian
    YANG Haoran
    China

Silver
    TUCKER Mary
    KOZENIESKY Lucas
    United States

Bronze
    KARIMOVA Yulia
    KAMENSKIY Sergey
    ROC

Screenshot from 2021-08-01 14-28-06.png

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    A bit off topic:

I tried to watch some events from my ROKU yesterday. I mostly haven't been interested because of the commercialization in the past, but I decided to try to see some diving and some beach volleyball. The Roku link sent me to the NBC channel to get a "free" account. Then my choices were limited to a few recaps. If I wanted to see an event in it's entirety, I had to pay for a "premium" account.

Errrrrrr, no thanx.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Men's Trap

It's really odd that the men get NBC coverage on YouTube but the women don't. In any event, this was an all-Czech final shoot-off, so it's pretty easy to figure out which country won the gold and silver. :) Great Britain took Bronze.

Gold
    LIPTAK Jiri
    Czech Republic

Silver
    KOSTELECKY David
    Czech Republic

Bronze
    COWARD-HOLLEY Matthew
    Great Britain

Screenshot from 2021-08-01 14-44-55.png

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Women's 25m Pistol

I love this event, even though it's treated like a red-headed step-child by much of the international shooting community. Have a look at the video for a few minutes and you might see what I mean.

Side note - I loved the way the Bulgarian who finished in 5th place was cross-dominant. She was right-handed and left-eyed. Instead of doing the usual things we might do to compensate in "normal" shooting, she just adjusted her equipment to fit her. Her shooting glasses had the left eyepiece out over the bridge of her nose at an angle that allowed her to look through it at a 90 degree angle. In the Olympics, the equipment is fitted to the shooter; shooters are not expected to compensate for equipment shortcomings. I like that.

Screenshot from 2021-08-01 14-56-03.png

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom