• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    My plan begins with my little dog, Jake. He is a fantastic watchdog who takes his job seriously and doesn't give false alarms. If Jake cuts loose, there is someone out there!

My house is so small that I'm never more than 6 steps from a loaded firearm. Children are not permitted in my home so those High capacity firearms are ready to rock 24/7!

I do not want trouble from anyone. I'm peace loving and want no violence in the home but I accept the reality of how our society is. The most important factor in home defense is that fateful decision....to fight or not. You need to make that decision long BEFORE unauthorized guests arrive.

Flash

I'm with ya brother! We have dogs but ours are Cane Corso Italian Mastiffs. Not only are these animals the Michael Jordan of dogs they will tear your ass up with no mercy. One of ours has bionic hearing and stays on alert to warn us from anything a half a mile away. After that, good luck getting past the wife with a short smooth bore shotgun stacked with 12 pellet shells. Everyone should have a dog that is good at staying alert.

CaneCorso_AlcorsMaeWest_2.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I don't want the liability problems of having an aggressive dog so I want Jake to identify visitors only. Jake is all ears and nose and can identify a stranger approaching before he even gets close to the house. Once Jake alerts, I am the bad dog of this house....snicker!

Jake gives me alerts from a growl, a quiet "woof" all the way to cutting loose and running all around the living room. The level of alert depends on his assessment of the threat. If he senses a threat, he actually goes to the door and sniffs the air coming through the door jamb!

Until our UPS driver was reassigned, Jake would give a low level alert when UPS showed up, because he could tell the visitor was our friend Bill........ even through the closed door! The new driver gets the full alert.

Jake lives with me 24/7 and he takes the job of protecting me very seriously. He is the most valuable member of my home defense plan!

Flash

WCDUB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2014
    What silly BS! Shooting a home invader with a fire extinguisher will likely get you killed.Face facts.If you don't have a gun because you hate or fear them,you have,
    right there,put you and your family at a disadvantage.I can't understand why so many people will not face this fact.And when they say things like, "I am safe be-cause I have a baseball bat/pepper spray/
    fire extinguisher/taser/etc.", I just want to
    scream.If that is how you defend yourself,
    you might as well just speak sharply to them.

Last edited:

Dragunov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Burnet County TX
    I have a 125lb GSD. Vet says she's the biggest GSD he's ever seen in person. Everyone around here knows she lives here. Even the Pit bulls in the neighborhood are afraid of her (even though she gets along well with other dogs).

I have a 16 yr old daughter with a handgun/rifle/bad attitude collection in her room, most "at the ready".

I have a wife with a handgun "at the ready".

I have a couple carbines "at the ready".

Everyone is well trained in how to cover a house.

'Nuff Sedd.

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    My plan begins with my little dog, Jake. He is a fantastic watchdog who takes his job seriously and doesn't give false alarms. If Jake cuts loose, there is someone out there!

This. Dogs in the daytime, alarm set to "home" mode at night. Awareness is the key first step.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The first rule is to stop the home invaders before they can gain access.

A fenced yard with a loud barking dog is a good start.

A security system might help, but it can be easily disabled.

Physical barriers (burglar bars & reinforced doors) are better.

Interior perimeter alarms will give you at least a few moments to arm yourself and confront the invaders.

My dogs have always been better than technology.

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    We have a triple redundant system, 3 80 - 100 pounds labs. not attack dogs per say, but if you're trying to make entry they will obstruct you at every turn.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    What silly BS! Shooting a home invader with a fire extinguisher will likely get you killed.Face facts.If you don't have a gun because you hate or fear them,you have,
    right there,put you and your family at a disadvantage.I can't understand why so many people will not face this fact.And when they say things like, "I am safe be-cause I have a baseball bat/pepper spray/
    fire extinguisher/taser/etc.", I just want to
    scream.If that is how you defend yourself,
    you might as well just speak sharply to them.
    I agree with you on owning guns.

I don't know about the fire extinguisher. Maybe it will work. I've never experienced it so I don't know. Maybe spray them first and shoot them if they're not leaving or given up.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    I agree with you on owning guns.

I don't know about the fire extinguisher. Maybe it will work. I've never experienced it so I don't know. Maybe spray them first and shoot them if they're not leaving or given up.
    I have serious doubts it would deter even a moderately motivated and determined enemy....wouldn't bet my life on it!

Who's going have a fire extinguisher like that nearby anyways? Usually the household ones are a third of the size used in the demonstration.....

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I have serious doubts it would deter even a moderately motivated and determined enemy....wouldn't bet my life on it!

Who's going have a fire extinguisher like that nearby anyways? Usually the household ones are a third of the size used in the demonstration.....
    It looks like we need to do a TGT test.

Items needed:
    stairway or hallway
    big ass effective fire extiguisher
    small ass effective fire extinguisher
    motivated attacker, not serious attacker, hopefully
    terrified fire extinguisher operator

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    It looks like we need to do a TGT test.

Items needed:
    stairway or hallway
    big ass effective fire extiguisher
    small ass effective fire extinguisher
    motivated attacker, not serious attacker, hopefully
    terrified fire extinguisher operator
    Lmao, do it!

Did u catch the demonstration video and how they did the whole gear up thing? Reminds me of Rambo or something....or any one of these lol, gets going good around 1:45

https://youtu.be/dlZ10Dljkrs

Top Bottom