• AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    How to protect yourself, your family in the event of a home invasion
    Author: Bill Spencer, Investigative Reporter, bspencer@click2houston.com
    Published On: May 04 2015 10:15:00 PM CDT Updated On: May 04 2015 10:36:29 PM CDT
    How to protect yourself, your family in the event of a home invasion | News - Home

Experts say to let the invaders walk right into that confined space, where they become the perfect target.

"It gives you all the advantage," Napolitano said. "The crooks are now exposed, out in the open, and you have a very small, confined area to fire into. Shoot them all, because this is survival for you."
    ARJ Defense ad

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    That's a great plan, & would work for my house if I was in my bedroom, but if I was out watching TV, once they come through the front door I would have to run past them
    to get to my bedroom, in order for there to be a "fatal funnel".

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Of course the Channel 2 "experts" weigh in with this ....

"Channel 2 experts say you have to improvise your weaponry. A $30 fire extinguisher -- available in any hardware store -- that fires retardant is an ideal choice. That's because the fire extinguisher is easy to use. You will hit what you aim at, and it will both stun and blind your attackers with fire retardant."

Liberals .....

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    We can laugh at the fire extinguisher advice, but not everyone wants a gun in their home.

But the reason I posted it was that I thought it was pretty amazing that a TV station would even do the story with some of the "shoot them all" advice, even in Houston.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    We can laugh at the fire extinguisher advice, but not everyone wants a gun in their home.

But the reason I posted it was that I thought it was pretty amazing that a TV station would even do the story with some of the "shoot them all" advice, even in Houston.
    These 2 posts I agree with 100%.

You don't get a redo. Make sure you win for your family.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014

I get it, I'm glad, and agree they're charting new territory with the article....however, I sorta feel like telling channel 2 if "guns just ain't right for people, how bout they just go ahead skip the dang article?"

It's not like if you wrote a piece on tying your shoe laces that you'll throw in instructions on how to put on a sandal just because some hippy doesn't want shoe laces..

Edit to add that by putting their own crap in there which contradicts the expert advice (which they solidly covered) is just silly and makes the advice not hit as hard as it should. Because you know people might skip over the Channel 2 "expert" bit and assume it was part of the other expert's HD strategy.

Last edited:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Edit to add that by putting their own crap in there which contradicts the expert advice (which they solidly covered) is just silly and makes the advice not hit as hard as it should. Because you know people might skip over the Channel 2 "expert" bit and assume it was part of the other expert's HD strategy.

I didn't read it that way. I read it that the Channel 2 experts were not part of the station:
    "A special team of security experts with decades of experience -- Jim Napolitano, a former U.S. Secret Service agent, and Col. Bernie McCabe, former member of United States Special Operations -- is going to teach you the steps to surviving a home invasion.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Nayy, I disagree. Notice they didn't quote the two experts directly after they said "Channel 2 experts" such as they did before. Why put that bit in there in such fashion? And who would assume the two experts (with those credentials) would go into such detail about firearm/saferoom use and also support the fire extinguisher method? At least as a primary strategy......a shtf scenario, OK. But it wasn't presented that way

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Channel 2 experts = other people affiliated with Channel 2 who came up with the fire extinguisher method IMO.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Nayy, I disagree. Notice they didn't quote the two experts directly after they said "Channel 2 experts" such as they did before. Why put that bit in there in such fashion? And who would assume the two experts (with those credentials) would go into such detail about firearm/saferoom use and also support the fire extinguisher method? At least as a primary strategy......a shtf scenario, OK. But it wasn't presented that way
    It wasn't presented as a primary strategy. It was presented as an alternative for people that don't want guns in their home. Shoot them all was the primary strategy.

But if it has your panties in a wad, you can always email the Channel 2 author - his email address is in the OP.

That they did the report at all is a big plus in my book.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I get it, I'm glad, and agree they're charting new territory with the article....however, I sorta feel like telling channel 2 if "guns just ain't right for people, how bout they just go ahead skip the dang article?"

It's not like if you wrote a piece on tying your shoe laces that you'll throw in instructions on how to put on a sandal just because some hippy doesn't want shoe laces..

Well you can't exactly put in there "If you aren't responsible enough to own and use a firearm or you lost your right because you aren't responsible enough to use a firearm, you and your family should beg for your life and hide in your locked safe room praying for forgiveness."

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    It wasn't presented as a primary strategy. It was presented as an alternative for people that don't want guns in their home. Shoot them all was the primary strategy.

But if it has your panties in a wad, you can always email the Channel 2 author - his email address is in the OP.

That they did the report at all is a big plus in my book.

I see it as a primary strategy for non-gun owners. That's how I read it...and I don't wear panties, don't be rude.
    Well you can't exactly put in there "If you aren't responsible enough to own and use a firearm or you lost your right because you aren't responsible enough to use a firearm, you and your family should beg for your life and hide in your locked safe room praying for forgiveness."
    Hehe, true. Think there would have been any liability if they had just left a non-gun option?

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    I see it as a primary strategy for non-gun owners. That's how I read it...and I don't wear panties, don't be rude.
    Don't worry, man. I interpreted that part of the article the same way, and so did my wife. "Why include that part at all?" she said.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My plan begins with my little dog, Jake. He is a fantastic watchdog who takes his job seriously and doesn't give false alarms. If Jake cuts loose, there is someone out there!

My house is so small that I'm never more than 6 steps from a loaded firearm. Children are not permitted in my home so those High capacity firearms are ready to rock 24/7!

I do not want trouble from anyone. I'm peace loving and want no violence in the home but I accept the reality of how our society is. The most important factor in home defense is that fateful decision....to fight or not. You need to make that decision long BEFORE unauthorized guests arrive.

Flash

Last edited:
    Top Bottom