Venture Surplus ad

How the heck do you pay for your guns and ammo?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArmyZach

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Joshua
    Ha ha, better than that guy. Although, Thunderstruck on the pipes is kinda cool. Just never learned to play it.

I play with the North Texas Caledonian Pipes and Drums in Dallas. Search that if you want to see/hear what we do.

Awesome.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpMf1uSD-dA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Makes me want to paint half of my blue and fight for FREEDOM!
    Seriously, good stuff. Liked the group on FB - I would like to see the group play sometime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Separate checking accounts that wife does not see. " oh no baby, I have had that gun for a long time. It just looks new because I just cleaned it."

Driller

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock

Perhaps it's just priorities? I .....
    This exactly.

There's a guy that goes by Squid who has a decent job in the Airforce, but owns several thousands of dollars in tacticool gear, a SCAR 16, a SCAR 17, and several other guns.
    How does he afford it on a relatively small salary? He lived at home with his parents while purchasing all of this stuff.

I make around 3x what he made, but I'm tucking money away for my future, I'm married, and I have bills. You won't see me dropping that much money on guns in a given year.

OnyxATX

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Priorities and being self sufficient.

Do I want a box of 5.56, or a six pack of beer sort of thing.

My dishwasher broke recently, everyone kept getting on my case to call a repairman all day at work. I got home, tore it apart, and fixed it back up. I could spend an hour in the kitchen with tools and have an afternoon at the range... or I could let some strange guy I don't know come in my house and diddle around on it then give him money.

2 hundred lbs of pork only costs $2-4 dollars depending on if I use one or two rounds of good .308. Vegetables cost what it takes for seeds and water. Buy things you know you will need in bulk when they are on sale, cook instead of going out to eat, stay out of debt, etc.

And protip, you can cook a romantic dinner for a fraction of the price as a really nice restaurant... and it seems to go over much better!

Top Bottom