• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    So stupid shit like this is why OC sprays transitioned from alcohol base to water base. Kinda funny when it happens though. Don't slather yourself in flammable liquid then incite the po po to go zappy zappy. As Red Foreman would say "Dumbass!"

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    "Jones spent 48 days in an ICU in Syracuse before he died on December 15, his attorney told CBS affiliate WRGB. His exact cause of death is not clear." (CBS)

"Mr. Jones, a onetime local high school sports star, died in the burn unit at a Syracuse, N.Y., hospital in December. An official cause of death has not been released, but Mr. Luibrand (his attorney) said that Mr. Jones’s lungs had been “destroyed” when he inhaled flames as he tried to put them out" (NY Times)

A lot is vague, but it appears Jones was involved in some sort of altercation at a bar. Police were called, but Jones went to the police station while the cops were still at the bar. He was 29.

Cheap hand sanitizer is made with ethanol (alcohol) and, yeah, it burns real easy. Next up: the NY AG will be suing the taser manufacturer for not disclosing that the unit might ignite flammable liquids.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    There is going to be a big lawsuit over this one. If the burned & now deceased man has close relatives, you can bet they will sue the department even though the guy brought it on himself. Such is life in the shark filled waters of the US of A.

As for those cops and their actions, the video shows an outright pitiful display of how not to take a proper stance in such a situation (by all the officers) and an outright lack of control of the situation and the bad guy. As for the TASER use, well there was a point to take physical control of the guy and they missed it. Deployment of the TASER being one way to do it but IMPO it should have happened much earlier on. They gave that guy every opportunity for him to really go violently berserk and the officers maybe are lucky he did not choose to physically attack them.

Shame it resulted in the guy's death, the guy could have been Mr. Upstanding Citizen most of the time (I doubt it but you never know) but whatever he was seemingly high on turned him into a flaming (no pun intended) arsehole. I feel bad for the cop who shot him with the TASER, he is almost certain to get shafted somehow - departmental charges, criminal charges, civil rights charges,tort claims or being reassigned as a crossing guard for the rest of his career. Then again, he may suffer even if only hounded by his own conscience and having to live with the result of his TASER use, no matter if it is found to be fully justified down the road. Your actions resulting in killing someone, even a nut job like that, play havoc with most decent people's minds after being involved in such an event. Hopefully it will not affect him too badly if his actions were found to be justified but my guess is in a libtard state like NY lots of folks will be questioning his use of the TASER and when he used it. If I was a youngster, looking for a career, it would not be in law enforcement in today's cop hating climate climate.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I think the officers made good use of the hand sanatizer. Makes a good fire starter.

I've had guys getting ready to fight smear much worse on themselves. I just pepper sprayed them or shot them with some form of impact round so my officers didnt have to go hands on with them cause that's when people get hurt.

Still in all seriousness, I assumed they tazed him and they should have known better. But stupid should hurt. It's how we learn and both parties just learned.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I can’t find the video. It’s old from early 2000’s. Classic though. Some youngsters in a car are jamming out to some poofter hip hop and all spray their metrosexual hair with hairspray. Then one lights one I think. I can’t remember the source of the flame but it was self inflicted. They go from rocking out to screaming trying to put the fires out on their heads. Was...entertaining.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I can’t find the video. It’s old from early 2000’s. Classic though. Some youngsters in a car are jamming out to some poofter hip hop and all spray their metrosexual hair with hairspray. Then one lights one I think. I can’t remember the source of the flame but it was self inflicted. They go from rocking out to screaming trying to put the fires out on their heads. Was...entertaining.
    Yeah, I've seen it.

Top Bottom