• deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    <>

This is very important for them to realize, and for us to remember.

see: https://www.extremeweatherwatch.com/cities/houston/highest-temperatures-by-year.

I seem to recall back in 1980 or ‘81, Texas had a terrible mid-Summer heat wave with drought. One day we drove Houston to Corpus, then to New Braunfels in top-off JEEP, and when I got to the Hotel Faust, it was showing 114F in the shaded parking lot.

That year, numerous large live oaks died across the State.

<>

1980. Our area had 45 consecutive days of 100+.

I had to switch hauling hay times. 6am to 1pm. 6pm to 1am. Two different crews.
    Lynx Defense

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Our local weather gal just said this July was the 4th Hotest on record..whatever that means

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Our local weather gal just said this July was the 4th Hotest on record..whatever that means

Generally that means "since 1930 or so", because the government wasn't keeping records before that. Notice that almost every record that's topped dates from the 30's also - which means there's been a cooling trend since then.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I don't mind the summer terribly, definitely not my favorite season, but I can't stand the cold; my shoulder and knee pain rears its ugly head in the winter, and I have injured my back twice slipping on ice in recent years.

Here is a chart for the DFW area in regards to 100+ degree weather. I kinda lost count, but we have at least 21-24 days so far this year. Not on the chart is the legendary 1980 count, 79 days of 100+ :eek:

Thanks for sharing this

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    I don't mind the summer terribly, definitely not my favorite season, but I can't stand the cold; my shoulder and knee pain rears its ugly head in the winter, and I have injured my back twice slipping on ice in recent years.

Here is a chart for the DFW area in regards to 100+ degree weather. I kinda lost count, but we have at least 21-24 days so far this year. Not on the chart is the legendary 1980 count, 79 days of 100+ :eek:

Yes.... we moved to the metro from Lubbock.... 1998 was our first summer here. I told my wife we had moved to Hell....

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    1980 I was still running long distance.

Decided to run at night - Much too hot to do so during daylight hours.

One night it was 99 Deg F at MIDNIGHT!

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    1690469261775-png.425932.png

bagman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2020
    Texas
    The msm has many thinking it's hotter than usual...it isn't...it's July in Texas.

Also, the 'climate crazies' are using ground temps, not above ground temps, so their numbers are skewed to make temps sounds unusually hotter than they really are...

Next up, August, which is a tad hotter than July or at least it feels like it's hotter.
    Been here in the Great State of Texas for decades. This is just another typical Texas summer......

texaspetron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Aledo, TEXAS
    Yea I know. But when we got here we actually thought we were just visiting for a bit but we love it so much here we decided to stay. I’m supposed to be working in Maine right now lol. But forget going back up that way. Texas is home for us now. Next summer we’ll probably hit the road for a bit and head west. Probably won’t be much cooler but we’re getting used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IT SURE BEATS REMOVING 6 FT OF SNOW!

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Weather Underground 10day shows a small cool front coming through the ArkLaTex Monday ( 7th) late. Shows it may top out at 93.
    About 30 days or so until the first big cold front usually crashes through. Better check the antifreeze :snowman:

Top Bottom