• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedRobin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2022
    Katy
    The msm has many thinking it's hotter than usual...it isn't...it's July in Texas.

Also, the 'climate crazies' are using ground temps, not above ground temps, so their numbers are skewed to make temps sounds unusually hotter than they really are...

Next up, August, which is a tad hotter than July or at least it feels like it's hotter.
    I miss my younger years for a lot of reasons, and ONE of them is that the weatherman and the general public could bitch and moan about the heat, or any other uncomfortable weather scenario, WITHOUT anyone trying to blame it on humanity. It was, (and still IS), just a part of the ride on nature's roller coaster. Everything going on now with the weather has already happened many times before, even during recorded history, with NO industrialized economy, no motor vehicles, and a population that was a tiny fraction of what it is now. I don't get near as upset at the power brokers who orchestrate this propaganda as I do the masses that lick up their easily debunked lies like a cat licks up anti-freeze and poisons itself to death. If the masses weren't such sheep Big Brother wouldn't have much control.

RedRobin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2022
    Katy
    Yeah, I always have idle thoughts of moving somewhere like Wyoming, but I don't know if I want to trade the risk of spontaneous combustion for the risk of freezing to death on my way to check the mailbox...
    Understandable. My body is much more tolerant to heat than cold, at least is WAS when I was younger. As I get older I have no tolerance for either. I need to live on an equatorial island with an 88 degree annual average and a nice prevailing breeze.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    IMG_0503.png

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Understandable. My body is much more tolerant to heat than cold, at least is WAS when I was younger. As I get older I have no tolerance for either. I need to live on an equatorial island with an 88 degree annual average and a nice prevailing breeze.

Yeah, when I was young I didn't mind the heat at all. But then I turned 14 and realized summer sucks...

Still boggles my mind that when I was a kid I could run around in this shit and play outside all day long. Did drinking from the hose somehow grant us power over heat exhaustion?

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Yeah, I always have idle thoughts of moving somewhere like Wyoming, but I don't know if I want to trade the risk of spontaneous combustion for the risk of freezing to death on my way to check the mailbox...
    yea what makes it easy for me is that even in very cold environments I am far less sedentary. When its this hot out I dont want to do anything at all.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    it gets worse unfortunately.

My wife always complains that she wants to move back to the northeast and when August hits I am almost inclined to agree with her. Its hard as hell to reacclimate to the heat even after growning up around here. Id like to say heat keeps the liberals away but it sure as hell doesnt seem to be working

We are still looking at moving to Wyoming where I will be trading in sweating my ass off to freezing my nuts off. Bright side is that my genetics are inclined towards the colder weather
    Good luck! I will never own a snow shovel again.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW

I don't mind the summer terribly, definitely not my favorite season, but I can't stand the cold; my shoulder and knee pain rears its ugly head in the winter, and I have injured my back twice slipping on ice in recent years.

Here is a chart for the DFW area in regards to 100+ degree weather. I kinda lost count, but we have at least 21-24 days so far this year. Not on the chart is the legendary 1980 count, 79 days of 100+ :eek:

RevolverGuy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    <>

This is very important to for them to realize, and for us to remember.

see: https://www.extremeweatherwatch.com/cities/houston/highest-temperatures-by-year.

I seem to recall back in 1980 or ‘81, Texas had a terrible mid-Summer heat wave with drought. One day we drove Houston to Corpus, then to New Braunfels in top-off JEEP, and when I got to the Hotel Faust, it was showing 114F in the shaded parking lot.

That year, numerous large live oaks died across the State.

<>

60 straight days of 100+ in D/FW.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    We are going on 27 straight days here over 100. The 10 day forecast shows no relief in sight either. It would be so bad if we could get some clouds every once in awhile. I can deal with the heat, but the blazing sun is brutal to be in.

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    I do know one thing; summertime in Houston makes me miss the summertime weather in Yuma, AZ. It was hotter, but the humidity was so low that your skin dried out and cracked.

Top Bottom