• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockontheRocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    McAllen, TX
    I built a holster for a client that rides. It had a reverse 10° cant. It is worn in the appendix position, IWB. Thin guy. He can get away with it. Some of us with a Dunlap, can't do that too comfortably. Just another option to think about.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Saw some dude on a crotch rocket zip past me last week. he had his pistol behind his back and was clearly visible as the wind was flapping his shirt up. Poor carry technique.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Poor riding gear. Squid needs to get a jacket.
    +million

If you're going to take unnecessary chances, at least try to dress for the occasion and wear proper gear. Carrying behind the back is about the worst place I can think of in terms of where you don't want hard things to be to land on if you hit the ground.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    +million

If you're going to take unnecessary chances, at least try to dress for the occasion and wear proper gear. Carrying behind the back is about the worst place I can think of in terms of where you don't want hard things to be to land on if you hit the ground.

"Oh, but a jacket is soooo hot!" Yep, so's your skin as it slides across pavement at 50 miles an hour. :p

Also, there are these things called mesh jackets. IMO, riding with one on feels cooler than riding without one.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Saw some dude on a crotch rocket zip past me last week. he had his pistol behind his back and was clearly visible as the wind was flapping his shirt up. Poor carry technique.

I did that once. On accident. I was just moving one of the bikes and ended up taking it for a 30min ride because it hadn't been ridden in awhile. It wasn't until I got home that I realized I still had my 1911 on me and my shirt was definitely flapping in the wind the entire ride. I'm sure plenty of people noticed; nobody seemed to care.

I got lucky that day lol

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I did that once. On accident. I was just moving one of the bikes and ended up taking it for a 30min ride because it hadn't been ridden in awhile. It wasn't until I got home that I realized I still had my 1911 on me and my shirt was definitely flapping in the wind the entire ride. I'm sure plenty of people noticed; nobody seemed to care.

I got lucky that day lol

Riding to the range once, I had an AK in a backpack with the barrel covered. The covering on the barrel slipped and I wound up riding through San Francisco with an AK barrel showing out of my backpack. :p

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    "Oh, but a jacket is soooo hot!" Yep, so's your skin as it slides across pavement at 50 miles an hour. :p

Also, there are these things called mesh jackets. IMO, riding with one on feels cooler than riding without one.
    Yep, I have a mesh jacket for summer and solid textile jacket for winter. Sweat washes off - skin grafts take more work.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Riding to the range once, I had an AK in a backpack with the barrel covered. The covering on the barrel slipped and I wound up riding through San Francisco with an AK barrel showing out of my backpack. :p
    Bet you didn't have any problems with tailgaters... ;-)

Dave W.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Its complicated
    ^Not to thread hijack- but when I was in the Navy I was stationed in California and right around Christmas time I bought myself a floor model Remington 870 (evil black with 18" bbl) from a sporting good store in the mall. Keep in mind this was in California, they didn't have a box for the gun so I walked through the mall with my new 12 gauge as casually as possible.

I don't think that would work in Today's day and age.

Top Bottom