• ...and so much more!
  • Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I just left there and all was well on the pistol range. Im going for it before 8am. People were still shooting on the rifle range... I aint skeered.
    DK Firearms

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ... I aint skeered.
    Neither am I...but I am fairly cautious. I've killed two cars in flooding conditions, one in surprisingly little water. Those are not experiences I'd ever care to repeat.

I'm packed and ready to go but I'll check weather conditions and this board between 6:30 and 7:00am in the morning. Then I'll make a final decision.

Based on what I'm seeing from radar imaging across the state, things look pretty iffy to me.

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    How is ASC about transporting rifles from vehicle to the shooting area? I don't have a good hard case yet as I never go to public ranges. Are they gonna freak if I carry them open carry them over?

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    How is ASC about transporting rifles from vehicle to the shooting area? I don't have a good hard case yet as I never go to public ranges. Are they gonna freak if I carry them open carry them over?

Yes, they might. They do say firearms in transport need to be cased, if i recall correctly. Can't just walk onto the range with a rifle on your back. Best bet would be to call them, but I'm pretty sure you can't.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Here's to hoping yall have clear skies in the morning and another good range day. Too bad I couldn't make this one but I hope to meet any newcomers at the next one. Yall drive safe and shoot safe.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Yes, they might. They do say firearms in transport need to be cased, if i recall correctly. Can't just walk onto the range with a rifle on your back. Best bet would be to call them, but I'm pretty sure you can't.

Not correct. Un cased firearms must have bolt locked open and barrel facing up for transport. I feel that the rain is going to hold off until lunch. Keeping fingers crossed.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Not correct. Un cased firearms must have bolt locked open and barrel facing up for transport. I feel that the rain is going to hold off until lunch. Keeping fingers crossed.

I'll take your word for it, though I thought that was only for when you're already at the range. I was thinking that you'd have to bring the gun from your car to the shooting area in a case.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Chuck is right, you can bring uncased firearms to the line action open, mag out, muzzle up. In fact ASC is really funny about rifle cases. If you bring anything in cased, do not set it behind firing line.

Im up a little early. No rain here as of yet.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Looking at the live doppler and most of the rain seems east of ASC by a centimeter. We may be ok. We pulled off a previous ASC Range Day where the only break in a 3 day rain was the 5 hours we shot.

TheRealT-Dawg

Devil Dog 4Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    MO City, TX
    According to the radar view on my weather app, there seem to be ALOT of rain in the general area :/ although cant say for sure, im in the middle of Houston at work and the rain hasnt reached here

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ... waiting for Chuck to wake up and report in for local ASC rain check.
    Both of us need to be on the road well before Chuck says he's going to report in, so I think we're going to be forced to decide via radar. Currently, it doesn't look good. If I'm reading this map correctly, it's already raining at the range and significantly worse weather is steadily rolling in.

Screenshotat2012-09-29055943.jpg

I'm going to take a shower, eat breakfast, and then check back in. It's not decision time just yet.

Top Bottom