• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I dunno man. The gatesville meet raised my expectations tenfold, and Im not sure that ASC can meet them unless we bring hot chicks in short shorts this time.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    .357 had no muzzle rise, didn't hurt at all. Didn't shoot the .44 but wish I had to prove my manliness again by showing I don't flinch anymore. My favorite gun was Scott's dads Anschutz or whatever .22 LR. He got lucky and beat me in a timed competition, but we were both putting down nice groups.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    .357 had no muzzle rise, didn't hurt at all. Didn't shoot the .44 but wish I had to prove my manliness again by showing I don't flinch anymore. My favorite gun was Scott's dads Anschutz or whatever .22 LR. He got lucky and beat me in a timed competition, but we were both putting down nice groups.

Thanks man... I am absolutely loving that gun. I've already told my dad he's gonna have to fight me to get it back. Lol.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    We didn't even have time to shoot all the guns we brought lol. dont think anyone shot the model 29 or the Arsenal you brought, nor did I shoot the mosin.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    My list of Gatesville regrets is huge:
    1. Didn't get Chance to do run & gun course
    2. Didn't get to do R/C Car Balloon
    3. Didnt get to shoot Alan's 338 or STIs
    4. I didnt get to shoot any revolvers
    5. Didnt get to do skeet or shoot my 1187 at all.

And the list goes on....

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I shot Alan's STI. First 9mm I ever shot. Recoil wasn't bad at all but it was a lot more than I expected from a heavy 9mm. Sure was a damn nice built gun, though. Never cared for STI's design language on some of their guns, but damn that one looked and felt badass.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    I know this is derailing the Houston thread, but you started it... (nanny nanny boo boo)

There are many things I wish I had done and did not get to. I never even took my AR out of the bag. I say we should plan another Gatesville Hicksville Gun Range meet.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I dunno man. The gatesville meet raised my expectations tenfold, and Im not sure that ASC can meet them unless we bring hot chicks in short shorts this time.

Since you brought it up I believe you are now expected to provide it.

I know this is derailing the Houston thread, but you started it... (nanny nanny boo boo)

There are many things I wish I had done and did not get to. I never even took my AR out of the bag. I say we should plan another Gatesville Hicksville Gun Range meet.

I think half of the people in the thread went up there and the rest of us wish we could have so I don't think anyone will mind. I'd love to make it up there with everyone next time. It sounds like a very accommodating range and it seems like everyone that went had a wonderful time. Being Father's Day weekend and so far from home kept me from making it this time but maybe circumstances will be different next time. I'm sure with the success of that meetup, the next one will be even bigger. In fact, a TGT Hicksville weekend sounds more like it...a day just isn't enough time.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    A day definitely wasn't enough time. We had people damn near passing out in the heat from trying to get in as much as possible. The problem for Houston crew is we need to pin down a place like this that is local to us. We need- cheap range fees, freedom to shoot non-paper targets, tannerite optional.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    A day definitely wasn't enough time. We had people damn near passing out in the heat from trying to get in as much as possible. The problem for Houston crew is we need to pin down a place like this that is local to us. We need- cheap range fees, freedom to shoot non-paper targets, tannerite optional.

Agreed. If we had some private or just desolate rural property to shoot on, where we could do some Knob Creek type shit (see video link below), that would be awesome. Is anyone keeping a count of how many people/guns we have. I'm coming for sure, with at least 1 gun (AR PSA Lower Del Ton upper 16"), but probably 2 or 3 (Blackhawk 357 and/or Glock 26). I may have a friend or two with me. We should get a count of how many people are in, what guns they will bring, etc....

Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot:

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Agreed. If we had some private or just desolate rural property to shoot on, where we could do some Knob Creek type shit (see video link below), that would be awesome. Is anyone keeping a count of how many people/guns we have. I'm coming for sure, with at least 1 gun (AR PSA Lower Del Ton upper 16"), but probably 2 or 3 (Blackhawk 357 and/or Glock 26). I may have a friend or two with me. We should get a count of how many people are in, what guns they will bring, etc....

Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot:
    Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot Night Shoot - YouTube

Sweet video! We have a list in the Original Post, I am adding to it as more info becomes available. I've just been shaking off the cobwebs since Hicksville. I'll get back on the ball.

Top Bottom