• ...and so much more!
  • subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    Oh yeah, I think that it was Ben that mentioned it - I'll be bringing some Quick Clot basic trauma packs with me as well.

I'm not certified in anything anymore, but I know how to stick my finger in a bullet hole. ;-)
    Guns International

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I've been wondering where you were subsea. Hope all is well, or good as could be.

See post 3 for head count but as far as I'm concerned, cooking is optional. I just loaded cooking / coal grates but they still need to be paint stripped. That gear is loaded too. Loading a bag of charcoal too.

Fixing to send you directions via PM.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'll have pictures tomorrow. Curtis should have video. It was one of the most fun gatherings I've attended. No, there was no tannerite for flipping cars and attendance was low. However, Curtis put a bunch of effort into providing us with reactive targets and I had a great time destroying them whenever I could.

I know I made the range rules sound like the whole thing was going to be too locked-down to be fun but it didn't work out that way, not by a long shot.

As I said, more tomorrow. Every part of my body aches at the moment and I'm just going to pour myself into bed right now.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Sorry that I was a no-show... everything was packed and ready, and then the chicken pot pie I ate last night started fermenting. I was on the sh*tter for the third time in as many hours when I texted Curtis. Didn't want to chance a road trip with the demon poo-pooz. I'm only just now getting hungry enough to attempt to eat, but I think I'll just sleep it off.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Every part of my body aches at the moment and I'm just going to pour myself into bed right now.
    Remember I said I just may take a nap when I get home? Well, it is now 9hrs later. ;)

Ben, smittyb, and subsea all made what little energy I put into it worthwhile. Great company, nice guns and some good stories flying around. To ALL you schmucks that didn't make it out, every time one of those guys would start to lay some smack on you for not showing, I put my foot down immediately and told them ................... come on now, you can lay it on thicker than THAT! :p

When we arrived no one was on the pistol range and only 3-4 guys together on the rifle range doing some sighting in. They left within about an hour and other than a few people on the far shotgun range (which we didn't want to use) we had the range to ourselves.

I shot smitty's SR9 which felt really nice when I picked it up but before I could insert a mag. he started blasting the trigger action. It's a shame the company got ergonomics so right but a near complete fail on the trigger.

Ben had a Hammerli target 22 pistol which to some one like me relatively new to guns and hasn't ventured much out of the mainstream, that is an odd looking critter. But MAN that's a shooter! I honestly think a gust of wind could fire that gun.

I have to say enjoyed subsea's PMR30 the most. It felt really good in my hand and didn't transfer much recoil at all. The only thing I didn't like was it's a little too light for my taste.

Partly personal to Greg: sorry dude, I wasn't ignoring you. I never was much for texting and with recent changes to my service, I'm not going to pay $20/month for the 5-10 times I would use it so I had it disabled. Hope your all cleaned out now. ;)

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Hell yeah! I'm not gonna lie and say I wasn't disappointed when so many backed out and I certainly understand the reasons, but it was still some good quality range time. Much needed therapy ;)

The big picture is we could only have made a good impression on the president which will bode well for the next time. He got there around 0900 and went straight to the shotgun range where he spent the day. However, I can assure you he was keeping an eye on us the whole time and stopped by to talk for a while as he was leaving. He didn't say anything even remotely negative.

2nd of 2 videos almost done uploading.

ETA: not sure what has happened to the grand finale video. I've uploaded it twice with "successful" notifications but it's not showing up in photobucket.

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Here's big daddy subseashooter and his PMR30. No idea why the muzzle flash shows up 6" below the gun ... LoL

The video doesn't really do it justice because in person the muzzle flash was quite impressive.

[video]http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/glockster69/media/Houston%20shoot%20Sept%202013/PMR30magdump91413_zpsdd8f8ae8.mp4.html[/video]

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    benenglish, smittyb, and subseashooter with handguns and pent up anger towards inanimate objects.

About mid way through when only half the cans remain notice once can gets spun right and then left but doesn't fall down until later.

[video]http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/glockster69/media/Houston%20shoot%20Sept%202013/Finaleblastitall91413_zps8ddbeb34.mp4.html[/video]

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Below are the stainless steel plates being shot in the video. In each picture the plate on the left is 3/16" thick while the other is 1/8" thick. We thought it was interesting how contorted the thin plate was but not a single complete penetration.

platefrontview91413_zpseeb38eb6.jpg

platesideview91413_zps62730b6d.jpg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The range has a nice, basic firing line and we just spread out and took over the whole thing.

FiringLine_zps0a225480.jpg

Luckily, there were enough benches to hold all the toys.

DownTheLine_zpsb8a8e651.jpg

Subseashooter had fun with and gave everybody a turn with his KelTec.

FunWithKT_zpse1eed15a.jpg

Love those revolvers! SmittyB is wielding a classic 686 Smith.

Classic686_zpsaed0649a.jpg

I can't thank Glockster69 enough for all his effort. He installed all this for our shooting fun.

From left to right -

• Mounted on the pole is an axe head, blade toward the shooter. Water balloons were hung on either side and we had all kinds of fun splitting bullets and breaking both balloons at the same time. ;)
    • The distant square plate, painted white, did a perfect job of moving when struck.
    • The "rack" had swinging steel plates about 10-15 yards downrange. The cans on top are stuck to the board with nails and generally took several hits to knock off the rail.
    • The cardboard was for patterning shotguns.

FunTargets_zps184e8134.jpg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Some of the toys.

Multiple pistol-caliber carbines showed up. Subseashooter had a KelTec.

Carbine1_zpsb4db5404.jpg

Smittyb brought a High Point. Haters gonna hate but that model has a solid reputation for always going "Bang!" and I think it's a real bargain of a utility piece. And a few of my pistols got into the picture.

Carbine3andFriends_zpsd358384c.jpg

I don't remember who brought this .22.

Carbine2_zps6c0edccd.jpg

This shorty was a literal blast. ;)

ShortyAndFriend_zps24cb8884.jpg

Two chronos were set up. There was an Oehler on the rifle line that nobody used and this Shooting Chrony that churned out a bunch of numbers during the day.

CheapChrono_zpse7e055ef.jpg

The problem with having a chrono at the range is that you have to take so many notes. ;)

KeepingTrack_zps12bc39e6.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom