• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Waterguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    Baytown
    Awwwww, did they hurt the poor bad guy. TOO DAM BAD.
    They are trying to make it a race thing. Its not. He broke the law, and he should pay for it.

I'm sorry if I don't have ANY sympathy for crooks.
    I have seen this video on the news and the cops are getting the bad end. They should have tasered him too.
    DON'T brake the law and you will be fine.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    They are trying to make it a race thing. Its not. He broke the law, and he should pay for it.

I have seen this video on the news and the cops are getting the bad end. They should have tasered him too.

It's not up to the police to determine guilt and then punish someone. We have courts for a reason. You have the right to a jury of your peers for a reason.

These guys stepped way over the line.

You want to talk about not being sad about what happens to someone that breaks the law? Then you wouldn't cry if someone had hosed these cops down with an AK, right?

(c) The use of force to resist an arrest or search is justified:
    (1) if, before the actor offers any resistance, the peace officer (or person acting at his direction) uses or attempts to use greater

force than necessary to make the arrest or search

Waterguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    Baytown
    It's not up to the police to determine guilt and then punish someone. We have courts for a reason. You have the right to a jury of your peers for a reason.

These guys stepped way over the line.

You are 100% correct.

I wounder why he ran from the cops.

Poink88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Austin
    That sure looks use of excessive force. The man is down w/o any sign of resistance (yes he might be trying escape earlier but that is no longer the case), cuff him and throw him in jail....not beat him up like that.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas

Have you any clue what those cops did to your tax $$$. That punk is fixin to get a bunch of them! He will probably get off on the theft charges or what ever he was charged with.
    If the home owners kicked his ass, I would be fine with it. Law Enforcement should keep a certain level of respect even for the criminals. That helps get them put away where they belong without the issue of a bunch of punk cops being charged with police brutality.
    Nothing in that video impresses me.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I havent seen what they did but if it was excessive then they should be dealt with accordingly. As far as your tax dollars go...most lawsuits are covered by insurance, often issued by TML (Texas Municipal League). The city's insurance premiums will increase, but the city doesnt pay it directly.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I havent seen what they did but if it was excessive then they should be dealt with accordingly. As far as your tax dollars go...most lawsuits are covered by insurance, often issued by TML (Texas Municipal League). The city's insurance premiums will increase, but the city doesnt pay it directly.

Video is at the link.

He was running and they hit him with a police car. It wasn't bad, it basically just tripped him. Big deal, he was running. But then, it looks like he realizes the jig is up, and prones out nice with his hands out... and half a dozen cops run in and start wailing on him while he's laying there face-down with his hands out.

Way over the top.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010

Either way, I hate to think some criminal would get a dime from anyone. There is a video in the link. You should watch it because it is very clear. That shit pisses me off.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yep. The insurance dollars come from our tax dollars is the problem. Insurance companies run in the black by charging more than they pay out.

Waterguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    Baytown
    Tax dollars? yes it is going to cost some.

But the problem is there is no consequences for your actions.
    He robs a house. he gets what, a few days in jail. Big deal. We paid for his meals, food, shelter, and a nice bed to sleep in.
    How much does that all cost?

He comes into my house your house or anyone else's and just takes whatever he wants.
    You and I work our butts off to get what we have. I for one want to keep what I worked for, and I am sure we all feel the same.
    After a few days in jail he's back doing it again.

We are going to pay for him no matter if its in jail, or in the hospital, or in the ground.

If even for a few moments he thinks he may get his ass handed to him if he goes in that house, buy the owner, buy the cops, or whoever.
    He may not do it.

Yes I know we have courts for this, that we also pay for.
    If they are found guilty make them pay for what they did. Dont give them just a place to sleep.

------------------------------

I didn't mean for this to get this far out of hand or cause an argument.
    I just have no sympathy for crooks of any-kind.
    Just needed to vent I guess.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Tax dollars? yes it is going to cost some.

But the problem is there is no consequences for your actions.
    He robs a house. he gets what, a few days in jail. Big deal. We paid for his meals, food, shelter, and a nice bed to sleep in.
    How much does that all cost?

He comes into my house your house or anyone else's and just takes whatever he wants.
    You and I work our butts off to get what we have. I for one want to keep what I worked for, and I am sure we all feel the same.
    After a few days in jail he's back doing it again.

We are going to pay for him no matter if its in jail, or in the hospital, or in the ground.

If even for a few moments he thinks he may get his ass handed to him if he goes in that house, buy the owner, buy the cops, or whoever.
    He may not do it.

Yes I know we have courts for this, that we also pay for.
    If they are found guilty make them pay for what they did. Dont give them just a place to sleep.

------------------------------

I didn't mean for this to get this far out of hand or cause an argument.
    I just have no sympathy for crooks of any-kind.
    Just needed to vent I guess.

I understand all that, but the cops just cant give a scumbag that kind of beat down.
    Im support the neighbors shooting the bastards if the homeowner aint around. If the homeowner is home, greet their asses with a shotgun!
    Cops have a little bit different standard to follow. Actually im all for making it legal for the cops to kick a theiving SOB's ass, but till then, that doesnt do anybody justice. Yea,I think the punk deserved what he got. What he got simply aint going to do anyone any good at all.

Waterguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    Baytown
    I understand all that, but the cops just cant give a scumbag that kind of beat down.
    Im support the neighbors shooting the bastards if the homeowner aint around. If the homeowner is home, greet their asses with a shotgun!
    Cops have a little bit different standard to follow. Actually im all for making it legal for the cops to kick a theiving SOB's ass, but till then, that doesnt do anybody justice. Yea,I think the punk deserved what he got. What he got simply aint going to do anyone any good at all.

Tis true, and point taken.
    I have some friends that are cops, and I do understand what you are saying.
    They do have a different set of rules to play by.

As I was sitting here writing this, I looked up and read your signature. I like that.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    (c) The use of force to resist an arrest or search is justified:
    (1) if, before the actor offers any resistance, the peace officer (or person acting at his direction) uses or attempts to use greater force than necessary to make the arrest or search

I wasn't aware of that.

How does one determine what is inappropriate use of force against someone who doesn't offer resistance? What about being tased?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I wasn't aware of that.

How does one determine what is inappropriate use of force against someone who doesn't offer resistance? What about being tased?

Refusing to follow a lawful order is a low level form of resistance. The use of the above mentioned statute is difficult in the best of circumstances as the public will not be able to typically determine on the spot what is an appropriate level of force for the situation. But it is good to have it in the law nontheless.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I wasn't aware of that.

Run, pull away, etc., is resistance. do any of those and your justification to use force to resist is GONE.

It is interesting he left this part out;
    (b) The use of force against another is not justified:
    (2) to resist an arrest or search that the actor knows is being made by a peace officer, or by a person acting in a peace officer's presence and at his direction, even though the arrest or search is unlawful, unless the resistance is justified under Subsection (c

Top Bottom