• ...and so much more!
  • jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    Know the 4th is behind us / but what's your favorite hot dog combo
    I like all pork dogs, grilled or boiled, grey poupon mustard jalapeno relish and just a touch of ketchup
    DK Firearms

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Beef, Pork, Parts...it's all good...with mustard and cold beer...sweet pickle relish or japaleno's if the mood strikes...

JustaPhule

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Greenville, TX
    Cheap dogs, cheap buns, cheap chili, good cheese, onions.

If you use the expensive stuff, the dogs just don't taste as good. I don't know why but I encourage you to try your own taste comparison. All-in-all a good reason to get together with friends and drink beer and eat chili dogs.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    How about THIS one? I've been wanting to try wrapping bacon around a hotdog and grilling it along with some onions and peppers and making a "Sonora Dog" Think maybe I'll fire up the grill tonight!

Mexican Hot dog..jpg

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I've got to back up justaphule on this one. Chilli, cheese, onions and almost any type of dog(all beef or mixed are all fine by me). My only addition might be a touch of mustard and when you can find them, potato buns are the bomb. Beer can also "enhance" the enjoyment of such tasty deliciousness !

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    How about THIS one? I've been wanting to try wrapping bacon around a hotdog and grilling it along with some onions and peppers and making a "Sonora Dog" Think maybe I'll fire up the grill tonight!

View attachment 4255

That Sonora Dog looks good, how often do you venture out to Sonora? I've got several relatives out there and get out that way frequently.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Sonora TEXAS I get to pretty regularly....Sonora MEXICO, haven't been in years!

I saw these dogs on Man vs Food and have wanted to try them every since...this thread just pushed me over the edge to fire up the grill...so tomorrow night we experiment with 'dogs!

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Hebrew National on the hot dog roller I got for fathers day last year, cold saurkraut, mustard and louisiana hot sauce......

fnmedallion

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    haslet texas
    start with a wheat hoagy roll fill with [HIENZ] mustard then copios amounts of wolf brand or dennison's chili spinkle with cheddar cheese and10/15 onions then an earl cambell's hot link

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Anyone that served in South Korea remember slaw dogs? Not bad after a night out hitting the bars in dongducheon.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Any kind of dog, Hebrew Nationals are the best though,(hot links aint bad either, and i love me some Brats!) Homeade kraut, (lightly sauteed in butter or bacon greese) bits of cripsy bacon in with the kraut, some brown spicy mustard, fresh onions, depending ont he mood, maybe some peppers minced and fresh like onions, (serrano, jalepeno, bell pepper whatever is handy!)

i dont know if i have ever made 2 dogs the same. each one is an individual work of art.

;)

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Never been there but from what I heard when they say dog they really mean dog.
    Lol not this time bud, someone probaly supplied the vendor from the base PX. A handful of slaw dogs after a few pictures of Soju worked out well.

Top Bottom