• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Had one scare the heck out of me a number of years ago. I was cutting the grass after work one day as dusk was setting in. I was cutting along the wood fence in the back when a possum dropped onto the top fence rail from the neighbors tree just on the other side. I was right next to it when it dropped, and I screamed like a bitch. Not one of my proudest moments as a dude. I’m not scared of possums, but I was caught off guard when that ugly red-eyed bastard dropped right next to me at eye level.

Something similar happened to me last week. I opened the front gate to go and shut off the water hose, damn skunk searching for grubs at around 8:20 PM. Damn thing had its defense gear up and pointed in my direction. Less than four feet between us! I have not moved that fast in decades!

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Just don't let one bite you. Their saliva is full of really, really nasty pathogens. Infection is assured and you'll be on heavy duty antibiotics for a couple months.
    OTOH, a coworker told me that they can't get rabies. I had never heard that.

Of course she had one in her car at the time, in a cage. She was helping a neighbor relocate it. She later shared pictures of her holding the varmint.
    Nope!

When they play dead, it is very convincing. Our dog got a juvenile into that state recently .

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Our dogs had a young one cornered on night. Wife picked it up, put it in a cage. Was kept in the house while she fattened it up with cat food. She would hold it to show the family. She knew she couldn't keep it, went to a local park and created a den for it. That night put the cage on the back patio to get it acclimated to the temps with the thought of bringing it to the park. Next day it was gone, opened the zipper on the cage and escaped. That was a few years ago, since then we've trapped two in a live trap cage and released them into the park.
    Now there is a domestic bunny living free in our cul-de-sac, she feeds it in our front yard. She feeds it pieces of apple by hand but it doesn't want to be touched. It's pretty cute. 1594664139050.jpg

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Our dogs had a young one cornered on night. Wife picked it up, put it in a cage. Was kept in the house while she fattened it up with cat food. She would hold it to show the family. She knew she couldn't keep it, went to a local park and created a den for it. That night put the cage on the back patio to get it acclimated to the temps with the thought of bringing it to the park. Next day it was gone, opened the zipper on the cage and escaped. That was a few years ago, since then we've trapped two in a live trap cage and released them into the park.
    Now there is a domestic bunny living free in our cul-de-sac, she feeds it in our front yard. She feeds it pieces of apple by hand but it doesn't want to be touched. It's pretty cute. View attachment 338257

That’s not a bunny..

:laughing:

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    In the past, my dad had issues with possums constantly getting into the enclosed "breeze way" (lots of sliding glass doors that are never open) and eating the cats' food. He would live trap them, spray paint their butts red, and relocate them to a bayou about a mile or so away. His plan on that was for the paint was to identify repeat "customers" who would be permanently removed. I don't think any ever made it back, but as greasy as they are, I'm sure the paint wouldn't stick for long.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I think they're beautiful!

Years back, spotted one in my back yard, so I eased out of the house and gently rolled a big red apple in it's direction.

In a bit he smelled it, walked over, took it in it's paws and opened it's cavernous maw way to wide to bite it.

Finally, learned to take smaller bites and ate some, not much, but some...it was pretty cute to watch.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    During my HS days I had an Industrial Arts teacher that would bring his pet possum to class occasionally. He dressed like an old wineo but had made a fortune, as a cabinet maker, during the depression. His bluetick coonhound was usually sleeping near his desk. He would laugh as he reminded us that as a skilled craftsman, he was worth more than the school principal.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom