Help! The neighborhood BoD has gone power hungry / control crazy .. annual 'hood meeting is this Saturday

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dennisz

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Pipe Creek, TX (Hill Country)
    Actually 67%, unless your declaration specifies less, TPC 209.0041 (h) Except as provided by Subsection (h-1) or (h-2), a declaration may be amended only by a vote of 67 percent of the total votes allocated to property owners entitled to vote on the amendment of the declaration, in addition to any governmental approval required by law.
    (h-1) If the declaration contains a lower percentage than prescribed by Subsection (h), the percentage in the declaration controls.
    (h-2) If the declaration is silent as to voting rights for an amendment, the declaration may be amended by a vote of owners owning 67 percent of the lots subject to the declaration.
    (i) A bylaw may not be amended to conflict with the declaration.

Reactions: Eli

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Actually 67%, unless your declaration specifies less, TPC 209.0041 (h) Except as provided by Subsection (h-1) or (h-2), a declaration may be amended only by a vote of 67 percent of the total votes allocated to property owners entitled to vote on the amendment of the declaration, in addition to any governmental approval required by law.
    (h-1) If the declaration contains a lower percentage than prescribed by Subsection (h), the percentage in the declaration controls.
    (h-2) If the declaration is silent as to voting rights for an amendment, the declaration may be amended by a vote of owners owning 67 percent of the lots subject to the declaration.
    (i) A bylaw may not be amended to conflict with the declaration.
    Looks like that was implemented in 2011, I wonder what led up to that? The times I've seen the CCRs amended was usually less strict than the existing rules.

Eli

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    HOA's are a copout by the local Gov, Gov doesn't have to pay for enforcement of rules.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    It seems they are almost like an insurance policy to protect against jackassery by homeowners. If you own a really nice property, you don't want some guy doing something to reduce your property's value. Its amusing to see some of the things people do to their homes / property, that are unsightly.

I am not in one, but if I was in the right place I would join one. I might not be a model member, but I would join one.

Top Bottom