• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Hi, I'm Charles, 70 years old and retired in Sealy. I had been a active hunter from the 1960s until right before the covid lockdowns. I Lost my place to hunt and haven't hunted since. I still shoot (mostly rimfire) every week at a club I'm a member at. Looking forward to chatting with everyone.
    Hello Charles,

Me and my daughter are constantly competing at Texas Premier in Sealy. We last shot there last month. We also shoot at Westside shooting club and I have met members who told us of prime dove hunting areas but I am not a dove hunter.

cckirk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2024
    Sealy Texas
    We are still in Booth, but now own a trailer in Sealy off 36. Donna retires in 5 weeks. That place is always busy when I go by it. I don't want to try back shotgunning, left handed without pro help and will check out Premier and Orchards rifle range, both real soon. I want to shoot my hornet and 22wmr beyond 50 yards. Thanks for the welcome and I hope to watch ya'll both shoot. My granddaughter is grown, but used to shoot with me.

cckirk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2024
    Sealy Texas
    I'm shooting left ok from of a rest. Only shotgun ammo used at Texas Gun club is big buck or slugs. I have sighted my turkey at 25yd with cylinder bore instead of turkey choke, but no idea where 3" turkey loads.

Attachments

• 20231130_120504.jpg
      20231130_120504.jpg
      261.1 KB · Views: 28

cckirk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2024
    Sealy Texas
    I got to hunt teal the last time that I bird hunted. I like dove hunting a lot. I really enjoyed using a vintage Twelvette. I still have it, but operating it left handed would be a nightmare and I sent it home with my brother last visit.

Attachments

• 20231222_121531.jpg
      20231222_121531.jpg
      383.1 KB · Views: 36
    • 20231222_120844.jpg
      20231222_120844.jpg
      411.4 KB · Views: 39

cckirk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2024
    Sealy Texas
    I hunted with 223, 243, 308 and 30-06 in the hill country. I think any good shooting gun is useful in different. I think 257 Robert or some other 25, 7x57 would fill same job. West Texas would be Magnum country(I guess). 7water, 3030 class cartridges and big pistol round are plenty on the Gulf Coast. I have no use for Magnums and such for 60yd shots. Levers, single shots, pumps and such are as good as any. Oil finish, nice blue have a place, but swamps and river bottoms ain't it. Bay areas are another place that turn quality pieces into someone's dream rebuild very quick.

cckirk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2024
    Sealy Texas
    Getting old I guess, I left out 300 savage. I believe it would be useful about anywhere, but have never owned one. My 99s were 3030 and 243 and were sweethearts. I fell in love with rimmed single shots and have no regret. 4570 roller and springfield, 357 harrett Contenders in the 70s-80s. Still have 2 encores in son's safe. Last 3 deer i harvested were in a mesquite thicket with 20ga brenneke slugs out of a crossbow stand. Never shot a crossbow, and would have felt silly with 308 encore with 4x12 scope. Thanks again for the welcomes.

texasgolfdude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2024
    Houston
    Hi, I'm Charles, 70 years old and retired in Sealy. I had been a active hunter from the 1960s until right before the covid lockdowns. I Lost my place to hunt and haven't hunted since. I still shoot (mostly rimfire) every week at a club I'm a member at. Looking forward to chatting with everyone.
    Welcome from down the road in Occupied West Houston

cckirk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2024
    Sealy Texas
    Hello, I've always liked the area. I real glad to be here. Looking forward to shooting at the outdoor range in Orchard. We own a trailer in Briarwood now, so I'm here to stay. Thanks for the Welcome.

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    Hello, I've always liked the area. I real glad to be here. Looking forward to shooting at the outdoor range in Orchard. We own a trailer in Briarwood now, so I'm here to stay. Thanks for the Welcome.
    I also reside in Briarwood. I’ve not been to the range in Orchard, but I’m familiar with where it is. There’s another private shooting club out in Eagle Lake, but there’s a waitlist.

cckirk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2024
    Sealy Texas
    I haven't shot near Sealy. I pay dues in Stafford till October. I am going every other week till then.
    I also reside in Briarwood. I’ve not been to the range in Orchard, but I’m familiar with where it is. There’s another private shooting club out in Eagle Lake, but there’s a waitlist.
    Glad to meet you. I hope your trailer faired well. I see a lot of skirting blown away. I came out fine.

Top Bottom