• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Yes, just like most other states.
    That is what I tried to tell everyone on 'that other forum' for the last 20 years. Unfortunately, the person that helped draft the 30.06/7 law text thought that it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I actually did some pretty extensive research on the history of the Trespass penal code in Texas and I think much of the problem traces back to a bad opinion by the old Democrat Texas AG Morales in 1996 after the CHL law which he opposed. He posited that someone could put up a Trespass notice 'sign' and that would allow the State to prosecute someone passing it for a Class A Trespass while armed. What everyone seems to ignore is that no one entering publicly accessible businesses had ever been prosecuted for trespass before without being first asked to leave, and even then police would have to come and issue a written trespass notice for the person to even be prosecuted if they came back later. No one could point to a previous case where a 'sign' prohibited some conduct in a publicly open premises and someone was prosecuted for trespass for passing the sign while engaging in said conduct. But 'someone' thought it necessary to codify this new crime in PC 30.06. :rolleyes:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    That is what I tried to tell everyone on 'that other forum' for the last 20 years. Unfortunately, the person that helped draft the 30.06/7 law text thought that it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I actually did some pretty extensive research on the history of the Trespass penal code in Texas and I think much of the problem traces back to a bad opinion by the old Democrat Texas AG Morales in 1996 after the CHL law which he opposed. He posited that someone could put up a Trespass notice 'sign' and that would allow the State to prosecute someone passing it for a Class A Trespass while armed. What everyone seems to ignore is that no one entering publicly accessible businesses had ever been prosecuted for trespass before without being first asked to leave, and even then police would have to come and issue a written trespass notice for the person to even be prosecuted if they came back later. No one could point to a previous case where a 'sign' prohibited some conduct in a publicly open premises and someone was prosecuted for trespass for passing the sign while engaging in said conduct. But 'someone' thought it necessary to codify this new crime in PC 30.06. :rolleyes:

<>

Agreed, I never understood why the Legislature would ever want to embrace a Tar-Baby like those signs.

<>

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    <>

The Texas Legislature, in their usual “try to satisfy all the lobbyists mode” have created a big mess with all their signs and attached legal penalties.

Demand they start-over and satisfy Texas Citizens, not “industry lobbyists” !

We now have decades of data to prove that the signs do not deter criminals and ONLY disarm the WRONG Citizens !

<>
    And other States have no legal no gun signs and no law abiding people are going wild west on anyone.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    sign not a cop.jpeg

Top Bottom