• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Since the experiment isolated only one brand of ammo (Wolf Match) shot through two different barrels, it would be prudent to know if the rounds were loaded into match grade chambers or standard .22 LR reamed chambers.

.22 LR is mighty variable between brands; identical makes of the same rifle/barrel, and time of day/phase of the moon.

Many of us long time .22 LR rifle shooters always seek the holy grail of bulls eye accuracy. To discount chamber dimensions even from the same manufacturer is sticking your head in the sand.

They both have match chambers. Only way KIDD makes them.
    Texas SOT

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Put the two different barrels on the same receiver/trigger/stock/scope rig and see what happens. Only then would you have a true "apples to apples" comparison.

Well I wasn't about to take my rifles apart to get the exact same metrics... especially for an "informal" test. However, as soon as I win the lottery I'll remember to go out and have KIDD make up ten separate testbeds specifically for my fans in TGT :) I might even rent out an entire indoor range so pesky mother nature can't influence the results.

Until then enjoy the write up - or not.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Some of the comments in this thread remind me why I dont get into extreme accuracy. They are both extremely accurate and great looking rifles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Some of the comments in this thread remind me why I dont get into extreme accuracy. They are both extremely accurate and great looking rifles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Thanks, brother. I'll bring them to BOTW this weekend and you can try them out.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Well I wasn't about to take my rifles apart to get the exact same metrics... especially for an "informal" test. However, as soon as I win the lottery I'll remember to go out and have KIDD make up ten separate testbeds specifically for my fans in TGT :) I might even rent out an entire indoor range so pesky mother nature can't influence the results.

Until then enjoy the write up - or not.

My response was to YoungGun's comment and not a slam on your report.

I do appreciate writing up your findings.

Lame Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Das Jared & Gramps, no disrespect, but that question was for breakingcontact, and let's not forget this started out with 2 rifles going head to head with measured, and recorded targets. Smacks of accuarcy contest to me.

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    If you're not into extreme accuarcy, why spend all that money on a " KIDD "?

I dont have a Kidd barrel. Beautiful guns for sure. I appreciate that some people are into tiny tiny groups. Cool. The OP posts his comparison of his nice rifles shooting really nice groups...then the criticism begins. THAT is why I say im glad im not into this aspect of shooting. So much snark and being extremely particular. Its not for me. Enjoy! POSITIVE PUSH!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Just before the latest ammo crunch, I bought two bricks of Wolf match. I have several 10-22's made up with lower priced barrels like Green Mountain and Shaw. Maybe a low end price barrel performance report would be a worthwhile effort.

Flash

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Just before the latest ammo crunch, I bought two bricks of Wolf match. I have several 10-22's made up with lower priced barrels like Green Mountain and Shaw. Maybe a low end price barrel performance report would be a worthwhile effort.

Flash

That's a great idea. I've always wondered how accurate the GM, Shaw and TacSol barrels really are. I've heard really good things about all of them. I don't have any of those barrels (yet) but are you willing to take this on?

Top Bottom