• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    So when I was in school I was happy and really done looking at firearms after I had a nice rifle a 10/22 and a handgun. Then about a year ago I bought a Glock 22 because it was a deal that I couldn't pass up. That one purchase has sparked 10+ firearm purchases in the last 12 months, and I keep coming up with things I want/need.

Does this happen to anyone else?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    So when I was in school I was happy and really done looking at firearms after I had a nice rifle a 10/22 and a handgun. Then about a year ago I bought a Glock 22 because it was a deal that I couldn't pass up. That one purchase has sparked 10+ firearm purchases in the last 12 months, and I keep coming up with things I want/need.

DUH!

:banghead:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The collection will never be complete, tho I do take a break from it from time to time. Prior to my current buying spree I had been content with just a few rifles and a couple of shotguns. About two years ago I bought my first handgun and I've been buying almost 1 gun a month since then, lol... I feel the current buying spree waning however since the only stuff left that I want to own is stuff I don't care to afford.

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    I feel the current buying spree waning however since the only stuff left that I want to own is stuff I don't care to afford.

I know what you mean, the not being able to afford/being cheep is what stopped by last round of buying, but I make a little (ok a lot) more money now so my limit has gotten a lot higher.

I started the thread bc I was just thinking ok I want a GSG-5 and a Glock 19 and then I dont really want anything else. Then I got to thinking well I would really like to get a 9mm AR and a SBR and and and

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Let's not talk about "expanded budgets", okay? I can remember the day when $200 was a lotta $$$ to drop on a gun....now, I've spent almost that much on sales tax for one!

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    Let's not talk about "expanded budgets", okay? I can remember the day when $200 was a lotta $$$ to drop on a gun....now, I've spent almost that much on sales tax for one!

Ya luckly I am still a cheap bast. So I like to hunt deals... that and the GF keeps me from going to far off the deep end.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Ya luckly I am still a cheap bast. So I like to hunt deals... that and the GF keeps me from going to far off the deep end.

hehehe - don't mistake WILLING to spend to be the same as ignoring/not lookin' for good deals. Unless spendin' less than half retail on a Wilson Sentenil is overpayin'.....<G>

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    I will have to be different from the rest. My "tool box" is complete, I do not refer to it as a collection. I honestly have what I need and it suits me just fine. Handgun, shotgun, medium-range rifle, long-range rifle. Sure, there are a couple of new things that come along and I might like to check them out, but I have been settled with my firearm choices for a long while now. I find great comfort in that.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I used my head in 1975 when I got divorced. I vowed never to re-marry and so far, it's looking pretty good. If I wanted to, I'd spend the rent on shootin' irons! It's more fun, however, to save for the toys. I put a little money away then keep adding to it. After it builds into a nice little stash, I go out and blow it on a toy. No guilt, no justification, I just do it and enjoy it! If I sell one or get boot $ on a trade, I stash that money until I find the "big one." That system works great for me and it can even be adapted to a married household. You earn the money.......claim a part of it as "hobby money!"

The toy box is a work in progress just like I am. I guess it all ends when my heart stops beating.

Flash

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX

Every day. :(

At first I wanted an AR-15, a shotgun, and a handgun in the .45 variety. It started out with me purchasing a Glock 30... from there I wanted not just more Glocks, but more .45s. I got a Glock 22 and a Glock 19 to follow and still want a Glock 21, Glock 18C, and a Glock 23. I also want a Kimber 1911, SiG P226 in 9mm, SiG P228 in 9mm, and H&K USP.

*takes a deep breath*

So through all of that poking around, learning what I want to buy and all of that I started looking at wheel guns too. I want a Colt SAA, Ruger Blackhawk (or Vaquero), and Smith & Wesson 500... and I still want a Stag Arms Model 8, Mossberg 590A1, and Saiga-12.

Gun addiciton, I think. :)

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    Glock 18C

Well you can take that one off your list, none were imported before May 1986. So you cant own one. The best you could do is get a class III demo or work for a department that owns one... or since you are in the military I guess they could own one and let you play with it.

Top Bottom