• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasFlash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    First, on topic of OP; Yes, Harley needs to be called out on wokeness, just like any other company/person who's drunk the Koolade.

Second, off topic of OP; Just curious about you Harley haters; how many miles have you put on an actual Harley?
    My Harley is 15 years old; guess it is ok to keep it since it is pre woke? Also, no leaks or mechanical failures yet; just gas, oil, tires, battery (kinda like my 17 year old FJ Cruiser)
    I get emails weekly from local dealerships I've done business with congratulating/welcoming new owners and probably 80% are pre-AARP age with about 10-15% of that female...just saying.

I like all motorcycles; have ridden Suzukis, Yamahas, Hondas. I'm happy you like your (fill in the blank) but please don't try to broadbrush those of us that like our Harley Davidsons, and I won't bash anyone for preferring 1911 over Glock, Colt over S/W, etc.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    First, on topic of OP; Yes, Harley needs to be called out on wokeness, just like any other company/person who's drunk the Koolade.

Second, off topic of OP; Just curious about you Harley haters; how many miles have you put on an actual Harley?
    My Harley is 15 years old; guess it is ok to keep it since it is pre woke? Also, no leaks or mechanical failures yet; just gas, oil, tires, battery (kinda like my 17 year old FJ Cruiser)
    I get emails weekly from local dealerships I've done business with congratulating/welcoming new owners and probably 80% are pre-AARP age with about 10-15% of that female...just saying.

I like all motorcycles; have ridden Suzukis, Yamahas, Hondas. I'm happy you like your (fill in the blank) but please don't try to broadbrush those of us that like our Harley Davidsons, and I won't bash anyone for preferring 1911 over Glock, Colt over S/W, etc.

I’ve ridden 4-5 different Harleys. I love their bikes, I just hate what they charge for them as I don’t see the value compared to other market offerings lol.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Let’s be honest, Harley Davidsons core fan base is dying of old age, and if they don’t start finding ways to get new customers they will die with them.
    There's a massive contingent of youngsters who love their Dyna's, my millennial son in law being one of them. The allure of that "outlaw" live fast, die young life will always be associated with HD to some extent, albeit with a tinge of fruit-booting nowadays :laughing:

ETA: fixing commas damnit

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    That's just sad. Very very sad.

Yeah, I witnessed a bike wreck when I was 7 that left a lasting impression. My neighbor backed out his driveway onto a road equivalent to one of our farm roads here - 55mph speed limit - t-boned the bike causing it to disintigrate, launched the headlight over 100' onto my other neighbor's porch. My granddad - a campus cop at the largest hospital in Portland OR at the time - was getting ready for work. He was the first emergency responder on scene. Guy was technically alive when he got to the hosptial on the life flight helicopter but he was brain dead.

In a weird twist of fate, that guys brother also wound up dying in a motor cycle accident a couple years later, putting his head through the back wall of a school bus for my school district, where my grand dad had taken a job as a bus driver. It was not HIS bus that got hit, but the lead driver's. She was off loading kindergartners when her bus was hit. Traumatic for her and the kids on the bus.

I just never felt a great urge to go fast on two wheels after that. I love going fast - just prefer a cage around me when I do it.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    Yeah, I witnessed a bike wreck when I was 7 that left a lasting impression. My neighbor backed out his driveway onto a road equivalent to one of our farm roads here - 55mph speed limit - t-boned the bike causing it to disintigrate, launched the headlight over 100' onto my other neighbor's porch. My granddad - a campus cop at the largest hospital in Portland OR at the time - was getting ready for work. He was the first emergency responder on scene. Guy was technically alive when he got to the hosptial on the life flight helicopter but he was brain dead.

In a weird twist of fate, that guys brother also wound up dying in a motor cycle accident a couple years later, putting his head through the back wall of a school bus for my school district, where my grand dad had taken a job as a bus driver. It was not HIS bus that got hit, but the lead driver's. She was off loading kindergartners when her bus was hit. Traumatic for her and the kids on the bus.

I just never felt a great urge to go fast on two wheels after that. I love going fast - just prefer a cage around me when I do it.
    I can relate. When I was 10 years old I saw a guy on a bike get hit and run over by an 18 wheeler. All the wheels on one side chopped him into pieces. That was the most terrible sight I have ever seen. I have never wanted a motor cycle. Just me....

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I bought a Yamaha V Star about years ago and then realized what a stupid idea it was to be riding a motorcycle in Austin Texas.............sold it.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    I don't have anything against HD motorcycles. In fact, I owned a Sportster for a while. But I just never felt the need to dress up like a pirate to ride a motorcycle.

I owned and rode a couple of BMWs, a couple of Suzukis, a Triumph, a Buell and, my favorite bike of all time, a Honda Goldwing.

I hope the same thing happens to HD that happened to Bud Light, John Deere and Tractor Supply. These corporations need to learn. But this tells you how out of touch they are with their customer base.

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I owned a few different brands.
    Harley being my favorite.
    Same. Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda, HDx3.
    Then I moved to a larger city for work.
    Sold what I had and wouldn't trust anyone on the highway again.
    Y'all be careful out there.
    Yep. I had a young man crash me on my 883 Sportster, barely bad enough to get an ambulance ride.
    What pushed me over was a day on my Road King years later. I am in the right lane of a four lane highway, doing about ten over the limit. Dude in a Wrangler tailgating me for over a mile (left lane was completely empty). He finally remembers that he can use the other lane, so flips me off on his way past.
    Psycho, much?
    Definitely be careful out there. My fun was before texting/driving was a thing.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I don't have anything against HD motorcycles. In fact, I owned a Sportster for a while. But I just never felt the need to dress up like a pirate to ride a motorcycle.

I owned and rode a couple of BMWs, a couple of Suzukis, a Triumph, a Buell and, my favorite bike of all time, a Honda Goldwing.

I hope the same thing happens to HD that happened to Bud Light, John Deere and Tractor Supply. These corporations need to learn. But this tells you how out of touch they are with their customer base.

“ how out of touch their MANAGEMENT is with their customer base.”. FIFY !

leVieux

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Eh - its not like Harley riders actually ride much - their shits broken down more than Chrysler products. As a tow monkey I towed a lot of non-running Harleys - rarely had to tow Gold Wings, and the sport bikes were almost always towed for wrecks (shocker, I know) not mechanical issues.

A Harley looks damn cool on the back of a flatbed, I tell you whut! :roflsmile:
    Hey S,

You kiss your 30 Super Chipmunk goodnight? :roflfunny:

Askin' fer a friend...

Later, Mark

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I remember the days when democrats would buy an AR15 just to saw it in half to make some pointless statement, and they’d get roasted…

This idiot paid money for that bike, just to destroy it. And the video was promoted as well, so he paid anti-gun left leaning YouTube to show it to more people. Is this what winning looks like?

Top Bottom