1725309234883.png

D847B95B-6B57-4BEC-AF6F-A9345D343B93.jpeg

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Ironic, seeing how gay/overdone Indian/Victory bikes look. Most of them look like they just came out of a motorcycle drag show. If your going that route, you might as well buy a Goldwing, and if your buying a Goldwing, you might as well be buying a car.

I'm going to disagree with that last statement. Goldwings are heavy, but that weight disappears the moment you start rolling and it feels like you're riding a much lighter bike. Mine was by far the most comfortable bike I ever rode. It was my long distance touring bike and it excelled in that role. I quit riding several years ago after a friend had a terrible accident, but the Goldwing is the one bike I really miss.

Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    I'm going to disagree with that last statement. Goldwings are heavy, but that weight disappears the moment you start rolling and it feels like you're riding a much lighter bike. Mine was by far the most comfortable bike I ever rode. It was my long distance touring bike and it excelled in that role. I quit riding several years ago after a friend had a terrible accident, but the Goldwing is the one bike I really miss.
    I loved my Valkyrie. Basically a Goldwing that looks like a bagger. That flat six gives the bike such a low center of gravity you can do things with it you couldn't dream of on any other bike.

Valk2up.png

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    It's all good. Riding is riding. I like to poke fun at those that think their choice of motorcycle is the end all be all. It's like new shooters and Glock/Kimber.

Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    ANYTHING on 2 wheels is better for 'seeing' wherever you are.. A few years motorcycling make you a much better/safer auto driver too. And it becomes much easier to predict other drivers behavior. Almost like a 6th sense after awhile.
    Being one of the smallest things on the road will give you a new perspective on driving. I was an aggressive driver until I started riding bikes. I've got a lot more patience now.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    It's all good. Riding is riding. I like to poke fun at those that think their choice of motorcycle is the end all be all. It's like new shooters and Glock/Kimber.

I agree. There are a lot of good bikes out there. I've had a bunch of them of all different types. I enjoyed all of them, some more than others of course. But all of them made me smile.

Top Bottom