• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nlam01

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Thank you. Custom by Bob Cooper of Cooper Saddles in Colorado City, TX. He's built 3 full rigs and a few holsters and a beefed up gun belt for me. His workmanship is superb and one heck of a nice guy to work with. Prices are reasonable as well which is always a PLUS. :) . He's even rebuilt a saddle for me, basically from the frame up. My one saddle, probably my last as I'm still looking for one more trail/ranch horse that's so broke my grandchildren could ride and I wouldn't worry. Hard to come by at prices that are within line.
    Thanks for the info. I may definitely want a holster from him. My saddle is still in great condition, but I'll know who to go to when I need it now. Thanks

MtnSpur

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Colorado City, TX
    Thanks for the info. I may definitely want a holster from him. My saddle is still in great condition, but I'll know who to go to when I need it now. Thanks

Happy to help. I wouldn't recommend anyone I haven't had personal experiencce with. I have 2 Audley Style for the Colt hammerless and he did such a great job, some other folks have had him put together holsters for them. He's certainly a master of leather. He's one of the best, IMHO and I'm picky about the leather I want. Never disappoited.

Some of his other work, if I may:

His take on my 1924 Modified Colt New Service:

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Traded my sig for this and some cash.

19+1 rounds in a heavy, all steel, full railed piece of greatness

a5380fd0e11f7747a31494debf5f0356.jpg

53f34e537579b8f238f8142ea38c61e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Hate to follow Bob's amazing gun, leather, and photography skills with a shitty screenshot of a low resolution video, but I like how you can see the lines of the gun due to light reflection and carbon at the muzzle

724066b043487d3b4734c3d14bb25c0e.png

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    How does it shoot?

Really well. So heavy that recoil is low and easy to get back on target. Here are some pics of my target from 7-10 yards, mostly 7. First pic was when I was slow firing at the target and making an effort to shoot more precisely.

First 5 shots I fired, I hit low. Then once i got my warmup done the majority of rounds were hitting where I was aiming.

6d67db6afdf35c0fe28e26ed6f8e236e.png

Then I did some ghetto bill drills where I didn't draw from a holster, I just decocked the gun, picked the gun off of the counter and shot 6 rounds. Shot timer app for my phone was acting up at the indoor range, but my group opened up until I did it a few more times and could more easily send the shots thru the big hole at a decent pace.

2225c4257628d410b922afc0c0f9a298.png

Shoots great. Love the gun, glad to be back in the CZ game, and am hoping to change a few things with the gun just to mess around eventually.

Top Bottom