• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KiloKilo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2013
    Diamondback DB15

They tell me this is a Pistol.........Ooookay, Sig Brace in FDE on order as well as the ACC 51T Gen2 compensator for the can. This puppy has a lot of BARK !!!! And a flame thrower to boot............
    KK

DB15_zps1df8596a.jpg

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    El Bob - got a similar one - .38 long Colt. Wife's surveyor in Harris county worn it to a knub - still a cool gun:
    IMG_07001_zps5f6e505b.jpg

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I already told you what I thought about the Sig, but I still can't believe YOU bought a Glock!! Welcome to the dark side, my friend!! Heh-heh-heh

AaronP220

Mr. Sarcasm
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    NW Houston Tx
    I already told you what I thought about the Sig, but I still can't believe YOU bought a Glock!! Welcome to the dark side, my friend!! Heh-heh-heh

I actually REALLY like the Glock. I'm waiting for my Glockwerkz trigger to get here because the stock one is absolute junk but other than that I really like shooting it. It shoots fast and very flat and isn't all that unaccurate. I really like it.

My screen name should show how much I like P220's and I worked the trigger to absolute perfection on this bad boy. It's pure sex.

FunkyDunky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Here's a pic of my Walther PPQ my wife's M&P Shield both in 9mm. I colored in the engraving on her Shield, Tiffany Blue by request....

pistolas.jpg

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I actually REALLY like the Glock. I'm waiting for my Glockwerkz trigger to get here because the stock one is absolute junk but other than that I really like shooting it. It shoots fast and very flat and isn't all that unaccurate. I really like it.

My screen name should show how much I like P220's and I worked the trigger to absolute perfection on this bad boy. It's pure sex.

As pure sex as a glock can be. Worst trigger ever fired. Well maybe my 22 mag micro revolver. It will be as good as it gets when you get done with it I'm sure.. Keep polishing that turd brother man.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    As pure sex as a glock can be. Worst trigger ever fired. Well maybe my 22 mag micro revolver. It will be as good as it gets when you get done with it I'm sure.. Keep polishing that turd brother man.

I dunno, that little 410 derringer you have has a pretty god-awful trigger..

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

AaronP220

Mr. Sarcasm
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    NW Houston Tx

I said the Sig trigger was pure sex. The Glock is as good as it gets with that disconnector.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    I find it strange that no pics of reloading machines made its way into this thread.

Whenever there is a thread about "show your Reloader/bench" , there are always a handful of guys that sprinkle some guns on the bench as if that is the topic at hand.

sarcasim key off

KiloKilo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2013
    S&W MP 40....New paint

Got bored with the black on black deal........how 'bout a little OD ?
    KK

photo26_zpsb32ce139.jpg

photo43_zps51dcca23.jpg

Pawpawsoftail

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Keene, Texas
    Here is a pic of my three Ed Browns. They are my favorite 1911s, just not my only ones. Top is Kobra Carry, middle is my favorite of all my Ed Browns is my Jeff Cooper, and bottom is my Special Forces Carry. I had already changed the grips on them all in this pic, I have a habit of doing that with every 1911 I get.
    Allen

37.jpg

p4R4d0x

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Few new pics from me... A couple of old ones I just got around to editing and uploading:

15543947061_d2832952aa_b.jpg

14926452903_14fff7b619_c.jpg

My Stingray before I sent it off for refinishing.

14925891314_ca671ef2fa_c.jpg

And after.
    15543962601_b1e37bf075_c.jpg

p4R4d0x

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Story behind the before pic? Just super worn or did you blast off the old finish?
    Mostly I'm just an idiot. But I'll expand. :)

So I bought the gun, and it showed up with light Cerakote coverage on the front right part of the frame. Everything else on the gun was great, though, and some people were having not-so-great luck with this batch of Caniks as far as quality control. So I decided to keep it and just ignore the finish blemish, and strategically only photography the left-hand-side.

12761998093_e8493255e3_c.jpg

I'm anal about my guns, so I just couldn't ignore it. To compound things, I picked up all of the Cajun Gun Works upgrades for the pistol, and got some toolmarks on the right side of the frame when trying to disassemble the pistol, since there wasn't anything online at the time on how to disassemble the ambidextrous Caniks, and I didn't know there was a roll pin holding the right-side of the safety in. -_-

Since it was already marked up, and the ambidextrous controls made the pistol very bulky carry-wise, and I'm right handed and didn't need them, I decided to see if I could convert it somehow to be non-ambidextrous. The first attempts were a bit messy:

13969059708_3de15c5054_c.jpg

But with some work I got it to turn out alright, as you can see in the 'After' picture.

So anyway, I tried refinishing it myself with Alumahyde. It didn't work very well; even following the directions to a T it was a fairly unpleasant finish, and not very durable. I applied and stripped it a few times, trying different prep-work techniques, spraying at different distances and different temperatures. At one point I even did the slide with Alumahyde and the frame in engine enamel to see which would hold up better.

They both sucked:

13969072160_c46134b107_c.jpg

So once again, I stripped it and tried one last time.

14452726951_8d23d8663d_c.jpg

I even tried baking it for a while to help cure it. One trip to the range and it was already blowing off the front of the slide. *sigh*

So I gave in, stripped this off, did some sanding to smooth out the toolmarks from my initial mistakes and stubborn alumahyde from the few places it did decide to stick, and mailed it away for new Cerakote. This is the state it was in for the 'Before' picture.

Top Bottom