• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knormal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2017
    New Braunfels, TX
    Shooting a hard drive? Y'know, they're mostly made of aluminum. I have, on multiple occasions, put a hard drive atop a stump and swung an axe, slicing it in two. I find that viscerally more satisfying than shooting them from a distance.

Maybe that's just me.
    Some hard drives have glass platters and will shatter like an old fashioned ornament - everywhere in little pieces. So heads up for handling, eyewear etc.
    Venture Surplus ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Some hard drives have glass platters and will shatter like an old fashioned ornament - everywhere in little pieces. So heads up for handling, eyewear etc.
    I used to love those. I could do a standard 7-pass wipe then just rap 'em with a hammer when it was time to dispose of them.

I should note that I haven't drawn a distinction between official duties and killing hard drives for fun. Different situations can use different methods and shooting at a drive is perfectly satisfying, I'm sure.

Gary86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2017
    Corpus Christi
    d62423a1cad50942569497fb14c03633.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Churchmouse

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2017
    Indy west
    IMG_1214.JPG
    Last piece across my bench. Milspec that I filled with goodies.
    Ed Brown barrel. EGW ignition controls. All the external stainless controls are Wilson pieces. ArchAngel Magwell grips. Pearce grip enhancement. Night sights. Trigger breaks like crystal at 3lbs.

Reactions: MTA

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Yes it is a POS.......but I got it so cheap, I couldn't help myself.....that and no Colt collection would be complete without one.........

colt_all_american_2000_2cad5d86a11e5aebbf4a2254a866fc20ff8e7ddf.jpg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Yes it is a POS.......but I got it so cheap, I couldn't help myself.....that and no Colt collection would be complete without one.........
    How are you set for spare mags? :)

I was so convinced that I was going to own one of those one day I actually bought a mag for it before I bought the gun...then I never got around to buying the gun.

Here's how crazy I was and how youthful experiences can color our judgement as adults. The first time I saw an AA2000 they were brand new so that would be the early 1990s. I asked to dry-fire the pistol and was granted permission by the counter clerk. The trigger felt exactly like a spring-loaded disc-lauching toy pistol I had owned and loved as a small boy. Yes, for a real firearm it was atrocious but the flood of great memories was amazing. (Insert "Dopamine is a hell of a drug" joke, here.) l was totally in love and had to have one.

Before I got around to buying, they fell off the face of the earth and I actually shot enough good triggers to come back to my senses.

But for a minute, there...

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I actually did buy one back in 92 or 93.....sold it later with almost all my firearms to finance the family move to Texas....(have never regretted the move and will never, ever leave Texas). The trigger is bad as I remembered....functions fine, shoots a decent group at 15 yards...but my trigger finger is numb after 15 rounds.

If you are sure you will never own one and want to trade that mag for another mag that you need or just some extra cash........

Top Bottom