Venture Surplus ad

Guy shoots himself three feet from me!!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I just posted tis on another forum (glocktalk) and got in trouble for posting the pics??? We're all adults here right?? We can handle mature images?? Its not like I took a pic of his hand and posted it. That may be a little far.

They probably thought it was poor taste or something.
    I don't think you have to worry about thin skinned individuals here.
    Hurley's Gold

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Otherwise, I sure hope the old-timer is okay (as okay as he can be with a shot hand, anyway).
    Let us know if you hear any updates on him.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Concur, I hope the old gentleman is OK and is able to shoot again (albeit a little more the wiser).

And kudos to you for taking prompt action after the accident. Many people in today's society would be more apt to grab their cell phones so they could video tape the aftermath; your response demonstrated maturity and caring for the victim. Be proud in what you did, it did make a difference!

Cheers! M2

WadeP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    San Marcos, TX
    I just posted tis on another forum (glocktalk) and got in trouble for posting the pics??? We're all adults here right?? We can handle mature images?? Its not like I took a pic of his hand and posted it. That may be a little far.

Serves you right for slumming. I don't go anywhere but here and warriortalk.com.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas

Most forums are run by little forum Nazis. Little whiny bastards that complain about everything. We try not to intervene unless something is really going south here or is obviously inappropriate.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea

Exactly... I didn't see anything wrong with the pics...

Exactly. I'm actually wondering if this isn't related to the goofy way the grip safety on the XD operates combined with an operator that wasn't well-versed in it. Remember, the XD slide won't move to the rear if you don't depress the grip safety, likewise the pistol won't fire.

By the way the OP described it, it sounds like he might not have had the safety fully depressed, pulled the trigger and got nothing, then tried opening the pistol to find it "jammed" shut. So, finger still on trigger, he smacks the muzzle against the palm of his hand to try and free it. Pushing forward depresses the grip safety, there's still pressure on the trigger and... Ouch.

At least, that's how it sounds to me. But I wasn't there.

That's definitely a plausible explanation...

Most forums are run by little forum Nazis. Little whiny bastards that complain about everything. We try not to intervene unless something is really going south here or is obviously inappropriate.

We thank you for that...

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    OK...
    1) Obviously I hope for the best for the poor guy.
    2) This is why public ranges scare the crap out of me. Last time I was at the range, I got hit by bullet splatter or shrapnel that cut my hand and elbow. Shooting at paper targets with a dirt berm, I don't even know how the **** it was possible, but it happened. Bottom line...someone screwed the pooch.
    3) Which way was the muzzle pointed when this guy used his palm to try to clear the jam? Most likely parallel to the firing line and facing left.
    4) How often does this type of thing happen? Unlikely to make the news unless the poor guy dies. Actually, don't answer this, I am nervous enough at public ranges.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Hope the fella is ok, and glad you didn't get hurt. Way to take charge by the way. And as far as the pics, good reminders as far as i am concerned...

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    thqt ain't that much blood.

I know its too much leaked red curculatory fluid . . . . but it ain't that much considering what I have seen once in my life.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Dang, I hate to hear that! Reminds me of a thread on one of the woodworking sites about a guy and a table saw...you guessed it!
    Hope they both recover.
    Saw Stops, I need your Help!!!. - Kreg Jig Owners Community

Got kickback from a table saw in High School after playing stupid. Came in two inches low of making me a eunuch.

Lost all feeling and thought I'd been hit in the nuts anyway. When the teacher asked I didn't know.

Nice bruise.

zx9rt1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    I was there also that day shooting my M1A. Kinda put a damper on the rest of the day. I hope the old fella is o.k. Going back to the range tomorrow. If I hear anything about his condition, I'll let you guys know.

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    A sober reminder to gun enthusiasts, guns are fun, but they are not toys, all emotion aside, my best wishes for this man to recover.

I myself was 3 inches away from shooting my right foot thru once, disciplinary action: Practiced 100 good draws every day for a month, hopefully that helped .

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The guy said he was having trouble with his revolver, so I'm wondering if he may not have had some other problem going on that was affecting his thought process.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas

That may be a big reason why we like hanging out here - no whiny bastards allowed!

Top Bottom