Police Squad Facepalm.gif
    Military Camp

GaryS

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Hiding among the Hippos
    Friends went to Rome maybe five years ago. He got pickpocketed on a bus. He didn't split his ID and money and lost both. Fortunately, his passport was at the hotel.

I have a card as well. I use it as a backup ID when/if needed, when traveling. I like alternates in differing places, just in case. My pickpocketing event in Rome comes to mind.

C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land
    <>

What a relief to see that I’m not the only one who makes these mistakes.

At 80, I do have several contemporaries/friends who suffer clinical dementia, so it isn’t a joking matter for me.

May GOD Bless you !

<>
    I'm a youngster at only79 and already making these kind of mistakes. My problem, I was expecting my CCL in at the same time as my divers. The passport came in and I assumed! LOL

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Correction!!!

Well duh! That is my passport! I didn't realize I had it in my billfold with my LTC card.
    I have an acutal passport card and it looks just like that.
    My gun card says Texas Licence To Carry Handgun at the top.

If you do not have a passport, then the brain surgeons in the printing room made a mistake on yours.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Looking for the SAE thread pitch gage for 2 days. I know it was on the loading bench. Sitting at the bench, I give up. lean over and grab my going to town shoes. Ouch, it's in the right shoe.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    I got the passport card in 2012. I was working in Argentina and Brazil and while I had to have the passport book for my visas and entry exit, I left the book in my hotel safe, or at my office in Buenos Aires. The card was useful in situations where identification was necessary since I didn't have a local identity card or drivers license. I also used it recently when flying from SFO to DFW. For some reason last year the "Real ID" Texas Drivers Licenses caused a hold in the CSA/TSA system in SFO. I got tired of waiting for a supervisor, so I just started using the passport card.

eaglerider

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Abilene, Texas
    Mine was not up for renewal until April of 2024 but I received the renewal notice in December. Waited until the third week of December to submit online, only had to do an electronic submission of my DD-214 for the Veteran discount. Received my renewed LTC card this past Monday, about a month start to finish. I'm now good to go until 2029.

ywwuyi

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2024
    Austin
    When they start passport cards? Mine was a book.
    It's a separate thing which does not work for international air travel or travel beyond Canada, Mexico and Bermuda.
    Honestly I think for US citizens getting a Global Entry card is way better than getting a passport card (costs $100 but some credit cards reimburse it; there's expedited lane for air travel and you have free TSA pre, can be used as REAL ID for air travel and proof of citizenship when entering the US)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom