• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    It's a separate thing which does not work for international air travel or travel beyond Canada, Mexico and Bermuda.
    Honestly I think for US citizens getting a Global Entry card is way better than getting a passport card (costs $100 but some credit cards reimburse it; there's expedited lane for air travel and you have free TSA pre, can be used as REAL ID for air travel and proof of citizenship when entering the US)
    <>

Wife & I applied for TSA Card a month or so ago; she got hers in 3 days, I’m still waiting.

Niece & her husband applied about same time. She got hers in a week, he is still waiting.

So I read about them. If one has a commercial truck driver license, one doesn’t need one. But if one is a currently licensed Pilot, one is needed.

Something is very, very wrong.

leVieux

<>

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    It's a separate thing which does not work for international air travel or travel beyond Canada, Mexico and Bermuda.
    Honestly I think for US citizens getting a Global Entry card is way better than getting a passport card (costs $100 but some credit cards reimburse it; there's expedited lane for air travel and you have free TSA pre, can be used as REAL ID for air travel and proof of citizenship when entering the US)
    I’ve got Global Entry and love it. Saves a ton of time going through security. Also Customs is trimmed down coming in as well.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I’ve got Global Entry and love it. Saves a ton of time going through security. Also Customs is trimmed down coming in as well.

I had it for over a decade when I traveled overseas extensively in my old job. It was well worth the $20/yr cost!

I just dug out my card, it appears it's still good through Feb 25 but my passport expired in January this year so it's moot!!

GaryS

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Hiding among the Hippos
    My son travels a lot for business, including internationally. He swears by Global Entry and also has Clear for use at US airports. I got Global Entry a year ago for a trip that ended up being cancelled, but use it for TSA instead of Pre Check. It works very well and is well worth the extra $15.00 and trip to actually meet with an officer from Customs and Immigration.

ywwuyi

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2024
    Austin
    If one has a commercial truck driver license, one doesn’t need one.
    For commercial truck in particular there's system called FAST. For drivers from and to south SENTRI is a better idea. For drivers from and to north NEXUS is a better idea... But Global Entry is a good programme. It's so complicated, unsure if made complicated on purpose...

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    For commercial truck in particular there's system called FAST. For drivers from and to south SENTRI is a better idea. For drivers from and to north NEXUS is a better idea... But Global Entry is a good programme. It's so complicated, unsure if made complicated on purpose...
    <>

Point is that our ‘’government’’ trusts truckers more than pilots.

Truckers must get a « CDL » & keep logs.

Pilots have years & layers of training & practice; with numerous tests, evaluations, & ‘’ratings’’.

Point is that there are many more opportunities to identify Bad Guys in the pilot system than in the truckers’.

leVieux

<>

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I had it for over a decade when I traveled overseas extensively in my old job. It was well worth the $20/yr cost!

I just dug out my card, it appears it's still good through Feb 25 but my passport expired in January this year so it's moot!!
    They work for domestic flights too. Breeze right though the screening

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    They work for domestic flights too. Breeze right though the screening

Global Entry is for customers and immigrations on international flights into the US. It also gives you TSA PreCheck, which gets you through security quicker...

"If you are an eligible Global Entry, NEXUS or SENTRI member, enter your membership number (PASS ID) in the “Known Traveler Number” field when booking reservations, or enter it into your frequent flyer profile with the airline. The membership number enables Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) Secure Flight System to verify that you are a legitimate CBP Trusted Traveler and eligible to participate in TSA PreCheck."

Top Bottom