• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gandalf23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Ft. Worth
    there is that. my friendly FFL charges $10 per item, but maybe he'd give a discount for a good cause? If not , guess it's a trip to home depot to make a pipe pistol then.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    It was not that long ago, a journalist - an actual investigative reporter - did some research about buybacks in LA, I think it was. The reporter determined that some of the smarter than your average gangbangers would sell their junk guns and use the money from the buybacks to upgrade their arsenals.

mrskip

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2022
    texas
    I've read a couple of heartbreaking cases where an old widow showed up at these buybacks with her deceased husband's unregistered WWII bring-back. IIRC, one was a Stg. 44.
    Hi Ben, Where would I go to read about this old widow who turned in her deceased husband's bringbacks? The Stg.44 kind of piques my interest. Thanx, Skip

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Hi Ben, Where would I go to read about this old widow who turned in her deceased husband's bringbacks? The Stg.44 kind of piques my interest. Thanx, Skip
    Unregistered it's totally illegal to possess or sell.

Some years ago on another gun forum, a young lady joined up to gather some information about a gun she and her brother found in the attic of her grandparents home after he passed away.

I don't remember the exact model of firearm, but he had brought it back from Germany during WW2. She could not grasp the concept of the fact that unless it had been registered at some point in the past, that the firearm was illegal to possess and to sell.

To her it was an antique gun, and couldn't understand the ATF didn't see it the way she did.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I really have no idea. It's been so many years since I read about that case that I simply don't know.
    I don't remember the exact model of firearm, but he had brought it back from Germany during WW2. She could not grasp the concept of the fact that unless it had been registered at some point in the past, that the firearm was illegal to possess and to sell.
    There are a few WWII bring-backs found in attics and basements every year. Every year, bits of history go away.

I used to be in favor of another amnesty for WWII vets. I guess I still am but there are so few left, it's probably pointless. Another amnesty might help their grandchildren, though.

Of course, I also tend to think of another amnesty in political terms. In order to be able to accomplish such a major bit of feel-good benevolence for our few remaining WWII vets, the Hughes Amendment would have to cease to exist. That would be a nice side effect, don't you think? :)

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    No, but I had a dream (nightmare) where there was a row of widowers unknowingly turning in their deceased husbands Ed Browns and Wilson Combats.

Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    Someone actually turned in a big box containing 62 of them.
    If it was you, much respect.
    I went and had a box of printed pistols, but that wasn’t me. I didn’t think the turn out would be that large and got there promptly at 8. I was about a mile or more back in line and after an hour and a half of waiting, only moved up 2 blocks. Being in a supercharged V8 that was hogging down fuel lol, I decided to leave. On the way out I noticed were Scott St and N Mcgregor meet at the stop light, it was like two lines of gun buyback people merging in every time the light turned red. So I didn’t regret leaving. Talked to several guys walking down the sidewalk offering to buy guns. They said the cops were harassing them and making them go back to their vehicles.

Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    Official oppression?

What law(s) was po po enforcing?
    ☝️Yep, they weren’t breaking any laws but I watched the cop follow one of the guys all the back to his vehicle. I stopped him to see if he had any luck buying any guns and the cop stopped in the oncoming traffic lane holding up traffic till the guy started walking again then slowly followed.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Wait a minute..... The POLICE--- who are charged with enforcing the LAW, are not going to arrest someone who turns in a fully automatic firearm. A firearm that is in violation Texas and Federal law unless the possesser has a Tax Stamp. That is not only criminal, it is unethical, stupid and dangerous. But then, look who is facilitating this mess.
    The police not arresting someone for a law that is a gross infringement upon our rights... I'm OK with that.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Top Bottom