• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Time to dust off the CB radio, or if you don't have one, get one ASAP.

Same for hand held two-way radio transmitter/receivers, plus a radio scanner.

Make sure your family and friends have an emergency communications plan, and essential supplies to survive.

When the SHTF, you will not have the internet, cell-phones, working gas pumps, city water, city gas, city electricity, open grocery stores, or any other form of modern convenience.

Keep your powder dry.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    workin on it on the real right now momma thinks i a bit out there but thats ok dont have a place to bug out so digging in

jpg366

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2010
    Humble, TX
    Hello French revolution. It could happen with enough misery. Those of us within a gas tank of a big city will likely get picked clean.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    O.K., Now!

We do need to talk to each other!

Regular civvy commo will not work in an emergency.

We have to figure it out BEFORE SHTF.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    I think we'll have to meet regionally for a rally, I'd personally make the drive to central Texas in this case as I am truly concerned but it would be much easier to get more members involved, informed and motivated if we could meet within respectable distances. Either way I'm in!

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    well we need to talk to each other and make a rally point then figure it out

O.K., Now!

I think we'll have to meet regionally for a rally, I'd personally make the drive to central Texas in this case as I am truly concerned but it would be much easier to get more members involved, informed and motivated if we could meet within respectable distances. Either way I'm in!

+1

TheRealT-Dawg

Devil Dog 4Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    MO City, TX
    ^^^What he said. People will not revolt until they've REALLY started losing liberty. I think the first state to officially and openly nullify the fed gov would be Arizona. They are beyond pissed at the Ovomit administration, and one of their state reps recently said, "The Obama administration has declared war on Arizona". Oh and I haven't watched the vid yet, just fyi. I have to wait till I can sit down by my computer.
    its i bit long but its good stuff!

Time to dust off the CB radio, or if you don't have one, get one ASAP.

Same for hand held two-way radio transmitter/receivers, plus a radio scanner.

Make sure your family and friends have an emergency communications plan, and essential supplies to survive.

When the SHTF, you will not have the internet, cell-phones, working gas pumps, city water, city gas, city electricity, open grocery stores, or any other form of modern convenience.

Keep your powder dry.
    i got a CB in my truck i just need to a-fix it the the center console more permanently... i do need some hand-held 2 ways though... everything else is a slow work in progress lol

O.K., Now!

i second this

well we need to talk to each other and make a rally point then figure it out
    i second this aswell

ya im over here in SW houston but in the future if we all can meet up somewhere at some time that would be great

TheRealT-Dawg

Devil Dog 4Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    MO City, TX
    wow, im really liking the resposes to this thread! keep them coming! i like knowing there is people out there who are on the same level as i am when it comes to how this country is turning out!

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Wouldn't think about a 'French Revolution'. Besides, even though a revolution is possible, I think we're a long way from that and there are a myriad ways the situation could be righted before we get to that point.

As far as a collapse, it's also possible. But not a "Road Warrior" type collapse. But one similar to what has happened in Venezuela and other places. Unless the national debt is addressed, I think that's a more likely scenario. Being prepared for that is not within the 'tin foil hat' range. We're approaching Greek debt levels now.

Having a place to rally is a good plan. But you'll need more than a cache of guns, a supply of ammo, and some food supplies. You'd need more than that. But rallying to put a plan in place would be valuable, if for nothing else than brainstorming and building the connections apart from the web.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    There are several really good guys that post videos on youtube. MainePrepper is awesome. I believe he is still active duty, and talks a lot about the issues we face today, and just general (relevant) current events. I fear that the reality of the situation is that MOST people in this country are just far too content with their comfortable lives to rock the boat too much. We will gripe and complain, talk about voting the problem out come election time, but not really wanting to go beyond that. Southerprepper1 (another youtube former serviceman) talked about that specifically, asking what people are really willing to sacrifice for freedom. He wasn't accusatory, but just asked a tough thinker. He even admitted that he hopes he would be able to walk the talk.

At the end of the day, though, people in America have a pretty sweet life when you look at it from the outside. And it seems so long as there are iphones to play on, internets to surf, Jersey Shore to watch, and beer to drink, we are quite content. And since it seems like getting all of the mentioned is possible on wellfare programs, that even the recession hasn't quite caused the type of life for people to really open their eyes and see just how bad things are. There are facades all over the place. As someone mentioned, we're more worried about someone's comments on rape than we are with the state of the economy. While some of these distractions are still serious in their own right, they are small potatoes in the big picture.

So I end up asking myself the complicated question. Where's the line? We have the obligation to prevent tyranny from taking over this country. If we can't get it done through the electoral process, at what point do you escalate things? Personally, I really have no desire to fire a gun at another human being, but are we failing to uphold our end of the bargain as well by being complacent with life, and not wanting to rock the boat?

Sorry for the long post, but it's something that's been on my mind a lot lately. Honestly, I wish Texas would just leave and become its own sovereign state. That would be a step in the right direction I think.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    So I end up asking myself the complicated question. Where's the line? We have the obligation to prevent tyranny from taking over this country. If we can't get it done through the electoral process, at what point do you escalate things? Personally, I really have no desire to fire a gun at another human being, but are we failing to uphold our end of the bargain as well by being complacent with life, and not wanting to rock the boat?

Not disputing that there is a line, I just don't think we're at that point yet. Personally, I think our time is best spent attempting to resolve the issues via the electoral process and holding our elected officials feet to the fire AFTER the election. We can't just go vote, then go back home and go back into our comas. We need to focus on the next step right now. Worrying about something that's 20 steps further out shouldn't be our prime focus at this time. I do hope and pray that there's time to right things via our Constitutional processes.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Not disputing that there is a line, I just don't think we're at that point yet. Personally, I think our time is best spent attempting to resolve the issues via the electoral process and holding our elected officials feet to the fire AFTER the election. We can't just go vote, then go back home and go back into our comas. We need to focus on the next step right now. Worrying about something that's 20 steps further out shouldn't be our prime focus at this time. I do hope and pray that there's time to right things via our Constitutional processes.

Absolutely. If 'O' wins this next round, I think we'll be fast approaching that line. Not that I hold much hope in Romney, but he would hopefully at least slow down the deterioration. Hope it never comes to a point where people are faced with that decision.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    Absolutely right gents! Very valid points and I agree 100%. I'm curious though, what do y'all suggest we do? Where do we go from here? Vote? Sure, that's a great idea and I'm sure most of us will do so. Then what? Hold a Rally? Not a bad idea, lets get involved, get motivated and be heard. Whats next? What are our options right here and right now? Not mocking anyone or being rude but I'm genuinely interested in everyone's thoughts and suggestions.

TheRealT-Dawg

Devil Dog 4Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    MO City, TX
    Absolutely right gents! Very valid points and I agree 100%. I'm curious though, what do y'all suggest we do? Where do we go from here? Vote? Sure, that's a great idea and I'm sure most of us will do so. Then what? Hold a Rally? Not a bad idea, lets get involved, get motivated and be heard. Whats next? What are our options right here and right now? Not mocking anyone or being rude but I'm genuinely interested in everyone's thoughts and suggestions.
    as of now ill vote and go through the motions and see if Democracy doesn't let us down and all that.... until then, first off, do what you personally feel you have to do to "prepare" and what now. Also, me and kyletxria1911a1 have pm'ed back and forth and we're wanting to have some kind of meeting/get-together/rally somewhere at one point in the near future. This kind of shit will need us to meet FTF and brainstorm, so we can come up with the best plans and strategies (best rally point for shtf, supplies, etc). So I dunno if any of ya'll would be open to that idea?

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    Awesome! good for you guys, I hope y'all can get a lot of volunteers and support from our TGT members in your area. That's a great start, I'll kick it around as an idea for those of us up here in the DFW area. Keep us updated on ya'lls progress.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston

Vote. Get all your (sane) friends to vote. Let the crazie moonbats stay home. But once the election is over, we can't just say "Well, that's done" and go back and sit down. We all have to hold our reps, senators (state & federal), and POTUS accountable. Some have made some good promises in their campaigns. We need to hold them to it. Also, we need to start grooming people to run against them in the primaries if they go soft. We have to keep our eyes on the polly-tic-ians and hold their feet to the fire. Focus there, as that's the most immediate step.

A FTF meet up and some brainstorming wouldn't be a bad idea either. But we have to avoid jumping ahead toward preparing for SHTF, or it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. It will fall apart if we don't do all we can to turn things around via the ballot box and the soap box.

Top Bottom