Lynx Defense

Got the itch for a new motorcycle. Help me decide.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RyanTheRyan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    Fort Hood
    Triumph has all sorts of different kinds of bikes and the price isnt too bad either. Personally I like the cafe style (Bonnevilles and Scramblers), but they have a great selection of sport bikes as well.

Prothos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Suzuki vstrom I own one and love it. They have a big following. Klr is a nice bike. I also own a KTM

UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio
    Check out the Vstar Line from Yamaha. The Raider and it's little brother are amazing too.

Here's what I did to an old Vstar 650 Custom

bike009.jpg

bike005.jpg

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I decided to sell all my bikes (3) back in 2005 before I killed myself
    I just can't control my right hand (throttle hand before any of you animals quote it, lol).
    I can't seem to go slow when on a bike.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I'd been riding since I was 13 years old - dirtbikes and sportbikes until I was 30 and then "naked" bikes until about 5 years ago. Probably 20 bikes in total. My last ride was a Honda Hawk GT. Loved it. Didn't have the acceleration and top speed of my ZX-11 but man was it flickable and torquey. I would blow the fairings off CBRs, Gixxers, and ZXs in the tight and twisty all day long. If you like sporty standards and love twins then look into old Hawks. If you want something newer look at some Buells, Ducati Monsters, or Suzuki SV650s... your back and wrists will thank you later.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'd been riding since I was 13 years old - dirtbikes and sportbikes until I was 30 and then "naked" bikes until about 5 years ago. Probably 20 bikes in total. My last ride was a Honda Hawk GT. Loved it. Didn't have the acceleration and top speed of my ZX-11 but man was it flickable and torquey. I would blow the fairings off CBRs, Gixxers, and ZXs in the tight and twisty all day long. If you like sporty standards and love twins then look into old Hawks. If you want something newer look at some Buells, Ducati Monsters, or Suzuki SV650s... your back and wrists will thank you later.

Sounds nice. I'll have to look 'em up.

I'm not ready to buy right now - had to get a car instead. But I'm keeping an eye on Craigslist. Unfortunately, it's almost all cruisers and sport bikes - stuff I don't want.

No way I'm going to buy a Harley.

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I decided to sell all my bikes (3) back in 2005 before I killed myself
    I just can't control my right hand (throttle hand before any of you animals quote it, lol).
    I can't seem to go slow when on a bike.

Ok dude... I am sipping on a beer and read your signature line..I almost choked to death laughing :)

This is my current scooter.... 1100 Vstar Classic

mcink.gif

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    That's the neat thing about Harleys, they don't "ride" fast.. due to the engine coming on so early, and the torque as opposed to HP.. I rode forever.. fulltime for like 4 years down in Tucson.. and it's an easy bike to do that on.. I always rode sport bikes fast, and the low rpm torquen'ess of HD's changed all that for me.. I've never lost money on one.. 6 total.. and the base XL which is just shy of 900 s.s. is a great all around bike.. bit heavy for trails, but you can.. and bit light for long distance cruising.. but you can.. all in all a good bike.. and yeah it's a Harley...

Top Bottom