• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eddie Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Amarillo
    $1200 a month, she is living the American Dream. And 3 kids to boot. I am so jealous.

I was making that driving for Knight Transportation. I was busting my ass for that shitty company. I was far from being a happy camper. At least I was working. People like that woman make me sick.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Dude I made better than that driving for SWIFT 9 yrs ago what the hell did they have you doing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Eddie Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Amarillo
    Dude I made better than that driving for SWIFT 9 yrs ago what the hell did they have you doing?

I drove for Swift before going to their retarded red cousin. It was during the final year Cunningham ran it. Then Moyes came back and bought the company with cash. The nu-Moyes era is when things began rolling off the cliff. I liked how Cunningham did things. That's only my personal standing. At Knight, I drove MORE miles per week than I did with Swift, but got shafted HARD on their forced per-diem scam bullshit. Running blatantly illegal made very little difference, and I did find a way to fudge the red retard's e-log system. Personally, I don't think Swift is all that bad of a company. People have to get started somewhere.

I was doing the food service stuff for the last 3 years. A month ago my back decided to tell me "no fucking more of this shit!" on my third stop of 13 on an overnight route that originated in Ridgefield, WA, went through Roseburg, OR, down to Grants Pass, to Cave Juntion, into Crescent City, CA, and north along US101 to handle some stops in a few towns along the Oregon coast. I was being paid $21.50 an hour, time and a half after 40hrs, and had pretty awesome bennies. However, the BS at the company I used to work for was no longer worth it. Things tend to go downhill when corporate puts non-drivers in place to handle driver affairs. Leadership at the DC I was based out of no longer gave a shit about the input the drivers would give. They only value the clueless, moronic input given by non-drivers. It has become a company that values the ****-ups and suck-ups. They get to fail UP while the no-men, regardless of how fine of an employee they are/were, are thrown under the bus.

I'm moving to Amarillo to work for a hazmat tanker company. That is what I want to specialize in.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    I hear ya man, I'm sticking it out in frac for now but I finally got myself specializing in machinery hauling.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    It still bugs the shit out of me when I see an able bodied 25/yo tattooed male in line at HEB with his girl friend and three babies pay for his groceries with a Lone Star Card.

Damn! I'm more than twice as old and happily pay for my vittles without government assistance.

Top Bottom