• ...and so much more!
  • Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    250rd box of 9mm Monarch for $59.99, plus the guy at the gun counter showed me how to get an additional 10% off coupon. So before tax $53.99 for 250 rounds.

So not bad for an in store deal.
    Assuming at Academy? I saw that $59.99 deal when I was there yesterday. Not bad for a big box store

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Remington 115 gr fmj $99 for 350, or $355 for 1400 rounds, FREE shipping

mm54943

Not So Well Known...
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Fort Bend area
    Assuming at Academy? I saw that $59.99 deal when I was there yesterday. Not bad for a big box store.
    Yeah, at Academy. Plus the guy at the gun counter showed me how to get this coupon. Apparently you can use it more than once too. So it knocked another $6 off.
    IMG_0967.jpeg

davidindallas

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2014
    Per SG ammo.

"Beat the price increase, and if you do not trust what I have written below, feel free to google around about this and you will see it is all over the news. In case you do not follow the news, several ammo factories like Vista (Federal/CCI/Speer/Remington), and Ammo Inc have sent out letters about a 'substantial' price increase in January 2024. We also got a letter from Winchester yesterday that says out cost on 9mm is going up about $20 per 1000 starting Jan 1st 2024. Keep in mind that history shows that all the other ammo factories will follow the lead in cases like this, so it is unlikely that any other brand will simply stay where they are on prices while others go up. We will have to pass that increase on when it happens, at least sooner or later. Until then, I will stockpile what 9mm and other good deals that I can buy at the lower price to try to keep ahead of this, but it will catch up to us in time and lead to an increased price. The point made by the factories seems to be that nitrocellulose used to make gunpowder will be short in supply in 2024, because supply normally used to make gunpowder for handgun and rifle ammo has been diverted in large quantities to make propellants and explosives for large caliber military artillery shells used in conflict zones around the world. We do not have hard numbers yet for what that price increase will be for most products, but estimate it will be 5% to 10% across the board,"

davidindallas

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2014
    Just for grins I ordered a thousand rounds of theis Norma frangible 9MM.
    After tax and shipping came to .25 or .26/ round. Not great but not bad.
    9MM is still the best deal out there.
    Get it while its hot.

Frangible rumored to be good for self defence but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    Ammoseek.com is my guide for all ammo. I just stocked up on 9mm Norma & S& B 124gr for the Atlas, typically 25 cents per round shipped.
    (after several attempts to buy the low price before shipping, only to find ridiculous other fees, I now only buy from sellers with free or conditionally free shipping.)
    There are a lot of good deals in the final days of the Sale of Vista Outdoor group to the CZ's. But it is going to be short lived, I noticed holes in inventory of a supplier been the biggest outlet for powder. Seems that all of the on line wholesalers of reloading have inventory again. Don't know if the scalpers are to blame for the holes in inventory or if the demand is still huge. Probably both.

I hesitate to mention specific deals, because if it is posted on the web, it seldom lasts long. (scalpers are still here)

I'm trying to think forward and filling in the holes of my on hand components. I seldom buy factory ammo. I have this time on a small scale, anticipating purchase of a new pistol. That also meant a new set of dies and accessories. Sill have not decided on the pistol, but I want something that is concealable. Preparing to beef up the 9mm load, I've always been hesitant about 9mm. It is short and fast but light. smile. So with heavier bullet, I hope to compensate for that. (did find good deal on factory load 147 gr 9mm ammo)

I plan to get a LTC soon too.

I still love my 357mag/38Spec revolver. I could simply slip 38 special in it for urban environment, but 5-1/2" barrel is a bit hard to conceal.

Merry Christmas Everybody! God Bless you all.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Looks like Academy dropped the price on the 250 pack of Monarch 9mm to $49.99.
    Wish you wouldn’t have posted that. I really don’t need any more 9mm, and especially the 115gr which is probably what this is. I’ll be kicking myself if I don’t get at least 1 box. With my $10 coupon off of $50, this and a pack of gum will make a really good deal.

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    Wish you wouldn’t have posted that. I really don’t need any more 9mm, and especially the 115gr which is probably what this is. I’ll be kicking myself if I don’t get at least 1 box. With my $10 coupon off of $50, this and a pack of gum will make a really good deal.
    I know where there is a really good deal on 9mm 147 gr JHP. But they are limiting purchase to 10 per day. I don't want the scalper buzzards to get wind of it. Their regular customers buy to keep.

Top Bottom