• ...and so much more!
  • Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Two times I had emission issues with a vehicle, both were with a GM. Keep this current event in mind during your next purchase.
    GM.jpg
    Lynx Defense

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You don't actually need it inspected in the county you register it in, although that is a common assumption. The inspection station goes off the address on your insurance paperwork. They put that address in their computer and it tells them what to test. If the address is in a non-emissions county it skips the monitor check.
    If you are in a smog test county, you must test at a smog test inspection station, though.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    well shit, it still might not pass then if my monitors are still showing not ready?

I can’t imagine what else the obd test is looking for?
    Maybe I'm not saying it right... The machine determines if it needs to run the monitors check based on the entered address. Unless the address is in an emissions check county, it just doesn't run that check.

It'll be cheaper than the inspection you're used to, too.

i might need to save my pennies for HP Tuners…
    Surely there's a tuner nearby that can disable monitors for a small fee?

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Maybe I'm not saying it right... The machine determines if it needs to run the monitors check based on the entered address. Unless the address is in an emissions check county, it just doesn't run that check.

It'll be cheaper than the inspection you're used to, too.

i’m thinking the address change hasn’t been fully implemented in their system, it was only about 90 mins from when i left the DMV to when i tried to get inspected and failed yet again.

I’m not gonna chance it, i’ll bring the truck to SA and will get it inspected on tuesday.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

i’m a little hesitant to ask a shop i don’t have a relationship with, to tamper with my emissions.

Edit:
    my plan is to get hp tuners and learn the system a bit.

Then i can disable AFM/DOD on both trucks in the programming, and i should be able to sell the Range AFM disablers i currently have (they plug into the obdII port) for around $100/each.

And then i can figure out how to eliminate the 50-100rpm slip that GM programs into these torque converters when locked-up.

And finally, i can disable the monitors reporting “ not ready” signals for my inspection next year.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    i’m a little hesitant to ask a shop i don’t have a relationship with, to tamper with my emissions.

Edit:
    my plan is to get hp tuners and learn the system a bit.

Then i can disable AFM/DOD on both trucks in the programming, and i should be able to sell the Range AFM disablers i currently have (they plug into the obdII port) for around $100/each.

And then i can figure out how to eliminate the 50-100rpm slip that GM programs into these torque converters when locked-up.

And finally, i can disable the monitors reporting “ not ready” signals for my inspection next year.
    i'm surprised that there are no codes current or in history!

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Got it inspected yesterday, new address was in the system, no problems at all and no plugging-in to the OBDII port.

But then, while driving home after way too much coffee, I couldn’t hold it and pulled over to the first gas station i could find.

Super tiny parking lot…i didn’t see a 3-foot concrete post and i fucking turned right into it.

So now my registration is gonna cost me an additional $1k (insurance deductible)
    IMG_0481.jpeg

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Got it inspected yesterday, new address was in the system, no problems at all and no plugging-in to the OBDII port.

But then, while driving home after way too much coffee, I couldn’t hold it and pulled over to the first gas station i could find.

Super tiny parking lot…i didn’t see a 3-foot concrete post and i fucking turned right into it.

So now my registration is gonna cost me an additional $1k (insurance deductible) View attachment 397898
    Ouch

Top Bottom