• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwales

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2020
    DFW
    Question. Tip of trigger eats my finger. Has anyone tried rounding the tip of the trigger to stop the bite? The only solution I've found is to wear gloves, not practical. Anyone have a suggestion. G19 is not usable for me.
    Dryfire more often. Eventually, you'll develop a callous on your finger and it will cease to be an issue.
    Doing this right now on a new gun type that I bought last month. Painful at first, but dryfire cures it...over time.
    Texas SOT

Bob1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2023
    Katy, Texas
    I took a file to the trigger smoothed the points down next to the trigger guard and then opened up the trigger guard so it would not rub on my delicate finger. Also undercut and smoothed the grip some. Made a big difference.

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Look at Ranger Proof, Serpico, and Timney. RP and Serpico have several VERY different different tigger shoe faces.

I suggest that because yoy may decide to spend the $50 and those are very different, but not so well advertised and they may give you some inspiration.

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    Here check out Johnny Glock smooth oem trigger I had the same problem with a 43x this fixed it.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    ...just the tip...

03fcd45658ae2bd6daf82090d63ebe70.gif

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    I can tell that OP hasn't ever fired an AMT .45 Backup...

If I ever have to pull it in self defense, I can honestly tell the perp 'This will hurt me more than it will you.'
    The perp will be dead, I'll be looking for some ice to numb my trigger finger.
    Doing a mag dump at the range is a real exercise in pain control.
    As soon as I can find a replacement trigger, it will get modified, but parts are not easily found for this pocket cannon...

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    I have found that it is not the trigger that is causing the trigger bite. It is the finger being two far towards the bottom of the trigger and when you reset your finger drags on the trigger guard and gets pinched between the bottom of the trigger and the trigger guard. It does smart after shooting many rounds. In a defensive situation you won't really notice it. Try dry firing with the UNLOADED gun pointed up and you looking at your finger, pull the trigger and reset slowly and you will see the pinch with your finger too close to the trigger guard. Practice with your finger high enough on the trigger so that it will not make contact with the trigger guard.

Top Bottom