Gun Zone Deals

Glock to factory for repair - how long til it's home?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Anyone ever have to do this? What was the turnaround time?

Mine has been there a week so I'm not pressing the issue yet but I will call them by the second week if they've not contacted me.

ETA:
    The G30 has been jamming with the slide wedged to the rear. Seems the frame may be wallowed out a little because the slide lock spring is not seating properly which in turn means no pressure on the slide lock.
    Venture Surplus ad

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Ha ... I debated on adding that. Hell, I debated on admitting my Glock wasn't perfect. See OP for additions.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    You know, instead of asking us why not call the Glock factory and ask them what the wait is for your specific service with their current backlog. They may have just completed a big order or might just be starting one. If you are behind say 800 NYPD guns you got a few months. If he factory is idle at the moment you might see the gun next week.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Mainly cuz part of the instructions say allow 4-? weeks. Plus I wanted to get feel for what others had experienced. Otherwise you make some good points.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Any night shifters have some in put?

===============================================

Don't worry - us 1911 fellers already knew that......<G>

Seriously, though - it sucks that a gun has these kinds of problems, but it can happen w/any of 'em.
    Better quote this one so you can't change it
    Does Sterling know of this?

Kingsnake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Houston
    January 2011 I sent a new Glock 17 that had numerous failures to feed back to the factory for repair and got it back in less than 3 weeks.

Despite a factory invoice that claimed a complete rebuild, the malfunctions continued and I was forced to sell it off at a loss. Unfortunately, this has left me with only 3 other Glock 17's which continue to run 100% with anything that I load them with.

Even Glock can (sometimes) turn out an imperfect weapon, but I continue to shoot and carry them with confidence.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    You know, instead of asking us why not call the Glock factory and ask them what the wait is for your specific service with their current backlog. They may have just completed a big order or might just be starting one. If you are behind say 800 NYPD guns you got a few months. If he factory is idle at the moment you might see the gun next week.
    I did infact call them Friday 2/17. The response was 'it is in line for repair. We take 4-8 weeks to complete them'. In other words, the script from the shipping instructions. Damnit I fell neckit w/o her! :(

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Time to spend some time with your Glocks sister then. If you don't have a second one, you should go get one.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Yes sir, working on that, $$ be tight though. Next pistol may be an XD. The last one I held felt really good.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Shot my old XDM on Friday. The friend I sold it to wanted to go shoot. It shoots good, but really like how the Glock fits me a bit better.

Shot my STI 2011 also. Damn, now that pistol makes everything else seem irrelevant.

Top Bottom